Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Disappointed but not depressed

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ralph,

This is a great start!  Take it one day at a time and slowly plan your exposure.  You may want to be the first one out in the courtyard on a beautiful day, this will force people to come up to you and seek you out, you will have the upper hand and the control.

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
   I am disappointed with myself because I did not leave the apartment yesterday. It was a nice day down here in Arizona(75 degrees) and I didn't even take advantage of it. One thing was there were alot of people out in the courtyard, that I know and know what happened and I haven't spoken to them, since it happened. I don't know, it is hard to confront them again, especially the first time. It also seems like I am having a harder time getting motivated during this recovery. Last 2 times ,I was out riding my bike, taking the dog for walks, working on things I knew would help my recovery right away. Just seems to be more difficult this time to get started and I am not sure why. It is not like I am laying around saying"woe is me", I mean I'm fixing meals, doing laundry, cleaning the place. Just don't want to seem to leave it. Anyways, set up some things for today that will force me to at least get my bike fixed and go for a ride, so I will start with that and see what happens from there. I seem to do fine once I get out and about, it is just taking that first step to get out!

Reading this thread: