Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

husban in psych hospital

15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HEllo Em,

I have come back to the forums after a short absence but I just read your thread. Wow, you really went through and are going through a lot. I am glad your hunny is feeling better though and hope to get more news about the house soon. Hang in there.
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great to hear that things are going well em
Please keep us posted on how you two are doing, and hang in there!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Em,
So glad things are going well for your husband and that he is getting better, handling stress and advocating for himself.  You are a pillar of strength and it's so great to hear of a spouse being so supportive.  

I hope your house isn't lost to foreclosure and if you want to stay there you can; however, if I'd been out shoving that much snow, I'd be considering a move to somewhere south. 

Hang in there and know we are with you - ups or downs!  

15 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It has been a while!

Things are going very well here I am happy to report.  My hunny is stable!  and getting a little better every day!  I haven't checked in lately because now that he is stable I have to focus on saving our home from forclosure.  It is amazing how far he has come.  He continues to take Celexa 40mg but has not needed to take the Risperdal in 1 1/2 weeks.  He is much better at handeling stress lately and can see a light at the end of the tunnel.  We are definately facing bankruptcy and the mortgage is on shakey ground.  I have to call an attorney tomorrow, talk about depressing!  But we are both optamistic and he can accept the fact that we can be happy anywhere, it isn't exclusive to this house!  We made a pact today, that if we loose the house we will move to Florida and lead a simple life in the sun.  He had just come in the house after shoveling snow for two hours so this sounds like a great plan.  His confidence and concentration and sleep are all improving.  I do have to remind him how far he has come.  He says he can't really remeber how bad he had gotten.  I had asked for some more help cleaning the house today and he started complaining about how much he hates his job.  I got mad, I said I am working so hard to save the house and he cant quit his job.  He said he knew, he just needs to find a better job.  But what it boiled down to is he needs me to back off on the weekends, he is still having a hard time at work and really just needs to relax on the weekends, no stress!  that is fair!  I have to accept that although I have a lot on my plate, he does too and his plate isn't as big as it used to be.  He has a MD appointment this week, I think I will let him go by himself.  I think he is finally able to advocate for himself.  Will check back soon!
15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Each body will react differently to medication and dosages.  The members can share their experiences with you, but be sure to continue to work with your doctor and pharmacist for dosages and side effects.

Josie, Health Educator
I forgot something...
The doc increased his Celexa from 20mg to 40mg.  He said he usually doesn't increase it this fast (3 weeks) but can see that he needs some relief fast.  I didn't think to ask if there could be side effects of increasing the dose, and would these side effects be evident immediately.  Is it a big deal to increase the dose?  Has anyone had problems with this?  What do I look out for?  I am a little concerned that he could have an increase in suicidal thoughts.  Should I be watching MORE closely for this? 
BACK HOME!  it took a week but the power is finally back on.  we are expecting 1 foot of snow tonight, I'm not going to say a word about that!

The MD appointment went well, we both really like his doc.  He got my husband to relax a little by chit catting and got him to open up alittle.  I liked the way he could see how he was feeling.  He increased his Celexa to 40 mg but my husband is going to wait until Saturday so he is not at work if he has any problem with the increase.  He also told him it was ok to play around with his Risperdal dosage and time, to experiment a little to find what works for him.  He agreed that 4mg was WAY too much.  He has been taking 1 mg and that calms him down.  He told the doc that he feels like he is in a fog, difficulty concentrating.  but his MD says that is definately a symptom of depression, the inability to absorb information.  He got him to talk about going into the hospital, the stress of not being home because of the power, the kids expectations for christmas presents, how hard it is to work, the frustration of wanting the medication to work now.  The doc did most of the talking but having him guess about what was stressing him out seemed to relieve his stress a little.  Like yeah that is on my mind!   How did you know?!  I do have many reasons to be stressed and depressed! 

He was in a much better mood last night, after the electricity came on.  He was running around like he used to, getting things running again, moving all our clothes and stuff back in and said that he feels great and even joked that he can't wait to go to work in the morning.  He finished the car that he was working on (he didn't think he would get it done on time but did) and he felt good about that too. 

I can't wait for him to feel better.  I know it is the depression but it bothers me that he is distant from me, detached.  He wants to sleep alot, he is quiet and withdrawn most of the time.  It makes me sad.  When I say something to him about it he will respond to me with, "Oh I'm sorry, I love you to pieces, come here" but nothing spontaneous. 
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Em,

You are an angel!  Your husband is so lucky to have you in his court.  I hope he will be able to stabilize and really recognize the gift you are to him.  

Take care of yourself Em.
15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
em,

I hope the Dr's appointment went well this afternoon. Please fill us in and let us know how it went.

It is great that you are able to be a pillar of support for your husband. Remember to take good notes with you when you go to the Dr and take them as you are at the appointment so that you can reference them later.

Keep us posted.

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
Well that freezing rain I was talking about... turns out that was not so great.  My electricity went out Thursday at midnight, right after I posted, and it still is not back on.  (today is the 5th day)  Now it is snowing and is going to snow again Friday and a "big" storm again on Sunday.  We are staying with my mother.  I know what difference does it make that it is snowing?  but stuff like not being able to return home, not able to plow his own driveway etc added to the financial stress and his new job has him frazzled, he is stressed to the max but is dealing with it!  This morning he told me he wouldn't be surprised if he got fired this week.  Than he wishes he could crawl into a hole somewhere.  He says he can't concentrate, has no energy, no motivation, he sees people carrying on with their lives and he wishes he felt normal.  He has an appointment this afternoon with his Dr. and this stresses him out too.  I am going to the appointment with him, it makes me feel a little pushy and nosey but he still can't advocate for himself.  I am afraid he will say everything is fine to him and come home and complain about his medication.  Have to clean off the car and head to work!

Reading this thread: