Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,562 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Starting over again

15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ralph, glad to hear that you are feeling better.  There was a great post by one of the moderators on the return of depression - not that it necessarily will, but you may want to read back through moderator's posts.  I found it very comforting.  I worry, even though I have depression today, have made progress, take meds, of returning to where I was two years ago.  Check it out.
Keep us posted, it's definitely great to hear!

15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Ralph,

Great to see you posting and sounding more positive. If you are feeling more uplifted that is excellent news. Try not to anticipate the worst - hopefully the worst is over and you are now moving on upwards and forward.

Remember that we are here to support you whenever you need it. Your words have probably helped many who feel hopeless and discouraged........keep them coming!

Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi ralph - i think the meds are working and yes they can make that kind of difference - for better or worse. i'm finally feeling much better, it's either the lexapro or the abilify i'd like to be able to take only one and this is what i'll tell doc when i see him in a couple of weeks. good for you. maybe you have mild depression, or situational depression and luckily enough self esteem and support. that can make all the difference and that's why some people are doing ok and some suffer through their days. i'm happy for you. post often and encourage us, man - we need you around here more often!!!!
15 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Been awhile since I have posted, but that is because basically things are going well. Still finding it hard to get motivated though. Kind of feel in nuetral. Meds are kicking in and can't really say i feel depressed. I'm cooking and cleaning and taking care of my wife. I am enjoying what I am doing just can't seem to get past where I am at. Don't really feel motivated to work on the program. Still doing some reading,but other than that, just kind of floating along. not worrying about the past or the future just enjoying each day. It is just really hard to believe that a month ago I was suicidal. Do the meds make that much difference or am I just a different case. I read some of the other posts with people having such a tough time even with the medication. Granted my life seems to be going very smooth right now, but I feel like I could handle things even if they took a bad turn. Am I deluding myself or what? Is this the calm before the storm?Just don't quite know what to think of things.
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ralph,

Don't be hard on yourself, you need to take some time to get yourself situated with taking support.  Chances are you are not used to being so supported or asking for help of any kind.  It may not seem like you are flourishing but in a way you are, you are taking things one day at a time and holding your own.  You are a great source of support to everyone here and I thank you for that.  So....

Be supported, allow yourself to heal and move on as you are able.  All of your supporters will be there (and here) to cheer you on.  Depression has a way of sneaking back up on you, don't push yourself without developing that support system.  It's too hard without one.

Be kind to yourself and keep us posted.
15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ralph2
Make them all bookmarks with your favorite or their favorite Bible verse on it.  Can get them laminated if you wanted to go a bit further with it and finances allow.  Also the story of the CandyCane or the Story of the Christmas Tree or the Story of the Star Fish.  all remind those who believe in a Christian God of the reason behind Christmas.  If you don't have a Christian God, I'm sure your religious beliefs would provide some inspirational stories as well.  My favorite bible verse is Numbers 6:24-26.  From me to you.

15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ralp,

The feelings that you are experiencing are not going to go away immediately. Please be patient and continue to fill in all your mood tracker so you can start to see a pattern between your mood and your activities. 

It sounds like you have received a lot of really great support within your community. This is great news. Take advantage of all of the great people that you have in your life. Have you thought about getting them a little something special for the holidays. This may be a good activity you can work on to give yourself a feeling of accomplishment. Gift giving is a great way to thank people and let them know that you are appreciative. It does not have to be a monetary gift either. There are many options. Members, do you have any ideas?

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
 alittle confused right now. Getting great support from wife ,family and friends. found good support group to meet with in person as well as this one. Met with my  new pastor yesterday, who looks like he will be a great source for counseling. My church brought over this huge christmas care package of food. My doctor has given me 3 months of samples, so I don't have to worry about where my meds are coming from. my wife isn't putting any pressure on me to work, wants me to take my time. You would think I would be flourishing, and yet I feel like I am just treading water. Not really depressed, but not really good, just kind of there. Makes me feel kind of guilty when I see all the circumstances everyone else is going thru. Just don't know. Like I said very confused. 
15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ralp2,

So great to hear that the meeting went well. Keep doing what works best for you, with time things will only get better.

All the best,

Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
 The meeting with the peer support group went very well. It is surprising, but because we are all going thru similar circumstances, there is an instant connection. Very comfortable and a good source of information. Wish I would have done this last time after I got out of the hospital. Might have been able to avoid this last time. will definitely be going back. 

Reading this thread: