Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

hi

15 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Julie,

Thanks for responding.

Yes, my doctor knows.  He has me on antidepressants, I have actually been taking them for years.
Sometimes it is just easier to stay in bed to not have to deal with things.  When I have to, I usually can.

I just have so many issues I think I am going to have to split them up not to overwhelm anyone!

Thanks again,

Robin
Hi Breanne,

Thanks for responding.  This site seems really helpful. 

I am from Michigan, South of Detroit. 

My doctor recommended counseling, I just haven't got to it yet.  I have a lot going on in my life.  I do take antidepressants for the depression/anxiety. 

Just so much to work thru.

Robin
Hi there,

Thanks for welcoming me!   Once I figure out how to use this site I think it will be really helpful!

Robin
Hi there,

I love that saying.  I have just heard it recently.
There are many things right now that need to pass!

Robin
Rose,

Thank you so much for commenting on my post.  I haven't got back on here because I couldn't find my password.

I do take antidepressants.  I was on Effexor XR for about 3 years and the doctor just changed me to Pristiq a few weeks ago.  He said it is made by the same company with less side effects.

I just feel I have so many issues and lack motivation.  I have been paying online to talk to counselors and they just agree with me and my credit card balances are going up.

My kids are 12,12,13,14, and 20.  I was remarried 4 years ago and inherited 3 or them, including the 20 year old who has put me through the mill.  I don't mean to feel sorry for myself but I am just plain sad most of the time.  When my mind is occupied I do much better. 

I will talk to you soon.

Again, thanks for responding,

Robin
15 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi robin, welcome. you don't need a treatment center necessarily. i equate those with drug addiction. you just need a good md or better yet a psychiatrist. you need antidepressants. you'll feel better once you find the right one for you. it's an effort but you will feel better, think better and not have to act normal - you're already normal for you. believe me there are many of us here that take to our beds and want nothing more than to stay there - but you can't. how old are your kids, any chance this is post partum depression? hang in there robin
15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the forums!
15 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Robins Welcome!!!!
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Robin,

Welcome to our wonderful support community, you have come to a great place
Sorry to hear that you are feeling super depressed. We are here to support, help and encourage you in whatever you need. Please take the time to read through the program, and to explore the tools and resources that are available to you through this site. May I ask where you are from? Perhaps some of the members could help with finding depression treatment centers, or, you could visit your family physician and talk to them about it.
Stay close, and keep us posted on how you're doing,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Robin,

It's great that you are now looking for help and you will find lots of support here and a great programme to follow. Any time you feel like typing just login and someone is sure to have experienced similar feelings. It's great that you have a supportive husband this can aid in your recovery. Have you visited your doctor yet regarding these feelings?

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Julie

Reading this thread: