Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

List of Good Things That Have Happened Recently

15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I like the stuffed animal thing ... especially if it is something representative to you.  i love cats, their independance and grace. 

I finished my Snow Queen book a while ago and am 2/3 through The Alton Gift by Marion Zimmer Bradley and ??? oups forgot.

I went to the Toy Ware house sale and bought Easter toys for the Kids, Papa, and ME!!!! HALF are for me!!!!
15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
-I have some good books
-I did the grocery
-I bought myself a stuffed animal (yes, I am childishy)

15 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A couple bright spots in a dark time: I got a job interview for later this week, and I was able to finish reading an interesting book although I've been finding it difficult to concentrate.
15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
-Chatted with a friend, she is doing better then last we spoke. Glad I could be there for her.
15 years ago 0 271 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One more good thing, I got paid for my sick days.

Things are looking up, maybe I will treat my family to take out tonight.
Good things, if you read my Venting post, you will know not much good has happened so here goes, as small as it may be, I got up and went to work today, yay.  Still would rather be snuggled up under my blankies at home, but hey, at least I am out of the house, not getting dirty and actually accomplishing something positive.

Hey guys, I know most of you out there have one good thing that they can share with us, let's make this list grow so everyone can have something positive to read to help them cheer up. 

This week's challenge will be to see if we can get at least 10 posts from anyone who feels like posting something good again, doesn't have to be "WOW" or even "EHH" whatever you feel may be good is good enough.

Thanks guys.
15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wildcat I love chocolate and heard that chocolate is good for women over 40 (I qualify).  Now they did specify a certain kind of chocolate, but hey, who's listening to that part.  I'll buy 2.  One for now, one for later.  Then maybe again tomorrow.

I am sorry to hear about your tiamat's throat infection.  My son had Tourette's syndrome when he was younger.  He still does but we don't discuss it.  I guess he handles it by denying it and if it works for him, it works for me.  He is an attorney and it doesn't interfere with his work.  He used to be much worse than he is right now!  He was initially diagnosed severe, last dr. visit +12 years ago, diagnosed mild.   I hope that things work out for you both.

re: another post - I hope you got to spend time with hubby!

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sid,

Glad to hear you are taking care of yourself and putting "you" first!  It must have taken alot of courage to stand up and speak your mind, but you did it and are in happy place right now .  Hopefully, your partner will stand by your side and see that your happiness is foremost important in maintaining a healthy relationship.  

Keep us posted and enjoy your reading!

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 199 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have decided to take some time for myself  to read and not feel guilty about it.  I have bought myself some new glasses so that I can read again.  My first new pair in 6 years and I am so happy to be able to read again.  I just love to read.  I have been reading Helen Keller's auto autobiography and am enjoying it immensely.  I went to my first library book sale and had a great time doing it.  I decided  not to leave home to travel right now to look for a new home / larger property for my finensee's  hobby. I am not sure I really ever want to get married again. I told him how I felt and that I didn't feel like getting involved in a move or real estate right now that I was happy enough where I am living and that I wanted to do some  things that I enjoy like reading and gardening and wanted to relax  get well and enjoy my life for a while before I get involved in  anything as major as a move for a while. So I guess I will be here at home for a little while thank god.  I am feeling really good about having the courage to speak my mind and take care of my needs for once.  I have told him that he may have to move on without me if he is really not happy here.  He has agreed to let me rest and read and get well for the time being.  I know this is long winded but I feel really good about not letting the anxiety get to me and not doing things I really don't want to do.  I think I may be finding myself again.

Sid
Good things, I have responded to a newbie here, and hope that the newbie will check out the "List" and add to it.
5 new posts on the "List" since I last posted.
Well, have a great weekend and I hope to see more posts next week.

Reading this thread: