Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Feeling low

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Julie,

Good to hear you are doing well!  Perhaps you can make lunch meetings with friends a regular routine.  Keep us posted regularly as well

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi,

Still feeling good, went out with friend today and had lunch was nice to do have not done this for such a long time. Plan to do this again next week. 

Julie
Hi

Feel really good, having a good day, just exercised and might do abit of housework see how I go might put wash on, but thanks guys for everything.

Julie
15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Julie, we don't mind hearing your issues.  That helps us in our recovery too.  Please don't hesitate to write.  I know that is one thing that helps me (music makes me cry)!  We are all different.  I'm also sending a virtual hug, rest assured, if I were there, it would be a bear hug with a big shoulder! 

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Julie,

We are here to listen and support you in your lows.  Have you considered talking with your physician about your feelings of sadness?  As Rosie suggested, anti-depressants and/or therapy may be an option you may want to consider. 

You mentioned that music helps, is there anything else you find helps boost your mood?  Members have any advice for Julie?

Keep writing, we are here for you Julie

Hugs,

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Julie,

I think Rosie gave you great advice. Therapy and medication can really really help. Also, please feel free to write to us as often as you need or want to. We are here for you to listen and understand. I really get that feeling of just needed someone to care and understand. I also get wanting a hug. I can't give you a face to face hug but here is a great big virtual hug form me to you! !

15 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Julie

Are you on some kind of anti-depressants at the moment or seeing a therapist- (both really helped me)? You are welcome to pour your feelings out here. I love this site because (unlike talking to someone in person), you don't feel judged at all.
Hang in there- the guys on the site have alot of great suggestions and the moderators are great.

I know how you feel about wanting the hug. When I was at my worst- it was all I wanted. Someone to hold me and tell me it would be OK. I can tell you that it does get better, and if I could- I would give you a bear hug through the computer beacuse I feel your pain. You will be OK.... (this is a hug)

Hi,

Why do I bother writing, I just feel like my life is slipping away and its a struggle to keep up.

While writing this I feel slightly light headed, my heart is beating fast and I feel like stopping, but know that out there people like you are on hand to help.

I really could go on as no-one else to talk to about my feelings, hoping to find friends here to chat to, although you have your own probs and really don't need mine.

Maybe when I get in my car later my music will help - usually does.

Lets try and think of happy thngs.

Hard to push negativity away, crying now I just need a hug a big long hug.

Reading this thread: