Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

gone in a blink of an eye

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Dj,

I am really glad you are going to get some help dealing with this. Please do feel free to come "chat" with us anytime.
15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi DJ,   The fact that you've reached out and asked for help tells us that you're already on the road to recovery.  You've gone through a tragic event that may take time to overcome. Realise that unfortunate events do happen and you did everything you could at that given time.   Grief is a natural reaction to loss. It hurts but we grieve because we have the gift of being able to love and be close to others. It’s impossible to experience grief if you can’t experience love. Healthy people wouldn’t want to go through life without being able to experience love. Another way to think about it is that grief is the “flip side” or price of love. You can’t have one without the other.    Most people grieve the loss of a loved one and the symptoms of grief look very much like the symptoms of depression. However, grief usually diminishes over time. Over time people use their social support systems to overcome their grief and get back to their lives with the memories of the relationship with their loved ones giving their life some strength, positive meaning and guidance.

If you would like to learn more, we invite you to work towards session 17 that focuses on Grief and Loss.  In the mean time, if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask!

We're here for you!    Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ, you did a wonderful thing when you tried to save that guy.  You should be very proud of yourself. I know that I feel great respect for your effort and I hope that I can do something if my turn ever comes.  You did what you had been taught to do - Sometimes the Gods just work against us. It was not your fault that he died.  You did a whole lot more than most people are capable of doing.  Remember that.

Patrick

15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi DJ,

Glad to hear you're going to get to talk to someone, I've been wondering about you even though you had said you were doing well.  I know you have a good, loving family but having someone who has experience with what you went through will help you and your family.  Keep up the good work DJ, you're a hero!
15 years ago 0 82 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Faryal

I don't belive we have meet ,how do you do? and thank you for your support.I hope I do feel better after,it would be nice to have a break from it. It sure sticks in your mind for awhile,They teach you CPR but don't teach you how to deal with it after you'ev had to use it!
15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi DJ,

That sounds like a very good idea...........it will be good for you to talk through your experience and feelings with the right person from the local fire department.  I'm sure you will feel much better afterwards.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Faryal, Health Educator
Hi Guys

Well Iv talked to the local fire dept. and they are going to set up somthing for me to talk to somone about the accedent I geuss its been bothering me more than Iv let on.I'll keep you posted!
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello DJ,

I just wanted to say hi and that I think you are very brave:1- for trying to help that poor man and 2- for sharing you thoughts and feelings about it with us. Thank you for sharing with us what you have learned from this. I hope you are doing well and that you have many more good days then bad!
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

There's always ups and downs but hang in there.  When the Ups are more than the Downs you're doing really well!  If your medication helps stay with it, we can all use help.

Mom
I still have my bad days but I try alot harder and I think the meds. Im taking help alot.

Reading this thread: