Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Losing my job

15 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been off work for just over a year and my union's contract says that if a person is off work for more than 12 months, their job will be posted and filled by another full time employee.  So my job was posted on Monday and when/if I'm ready to go back to work the company will have to find me another position in the same category as the one I left. 

I wasn't totally surprised by this turn of events but I'm having trouble deciding how I feel about it - sometimes I'm relieved as the job, & my co-workers, weren't terribly supportive but sometimes I feel a real sense of grief and loss.  This is the second job I've had to leave due to circumstances not under my control.  The first time was a lot more difficult because I really liked what I was doing but it was being made into a part time position and I need full time work to support myself.  

So here I sit, working to reframe my core belief that says "I'm not important" and I get hit with yet another situation that reinforces it!  Argh!!!  

Thanks for letting me vent! 

Reading this thread: