Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Slowing down

10 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Freddy. I tend to work hard too, and because of that I get also overwhelmed sometimes. Good you recognized that :)
"All or none" thinking is a characteristic of perfectionists, and getting everything perfect all the time could becoming exhausted.
Remember to give you a break sometimes and just go with the flow :) 

10 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
P.S.  While doing some work in my home office I noticed a mood change so that prompted me to complete a Thought Record & identify some distortions.  I can be a kind of "all or none" type person & maybe I am trying too hard & getting overwhelmed......must remember "baby steps"..."Rome wasn't built in a day!"  Have a good evening everyone:)
Thanks for your advice.  If I didn't see "yoga" listed on your profile I may never have thought of it...so thank you for the easy introductory video...it's not too complicated!  Maybe we'll progress with time.  Right now I'm going to try meditation in the morning & yoga after work.  Today was a good day until I started doing paper work in our home office....I can be a little  OC, not severe, but enough for me to be overwhelmed & frustrated at not being able to do stuff quickly enough.  Looking forward to giving myself permission to do yoga in a bit...must be my Protestant work ethic ;)
I am glad you enjoyed the class. Regarding your question it all depends on your preferences. If you prefer variety you could do yoga and meditation on alternate days. If you prefer consistency you could choose what you enjoy most (yoga or meditation) and stick with it.
I am glad you enjoyed the class. Regarding your question it all depends on your preferences. If you prefer variety you could do yoga and meditation on alternate days. If you prefer consistency you could choose what you enjoy most (yoga or meditation) and stick with it.
Thank you so much eleveno.  I am so excited by my feeling of well being after completing the introductory yoga.  I actually did it myself this morning and then convinced my husband to do it with me after work.  It's the first time that we've gone out to our Tuesday night massage and were relaxed before hand...usually we are so wound up with work and the stresses of teenagers.  Often we have a drink at the end of a hard day and I have to say, I felt so much better after completing the stretches and breathing that I didn't want or need a glass of wine.   Should we be doing yoga and meditation daily or alternating?  I find it easier than getting on the treadmill...I guess because it is guided.  Thanks so much for your help.
Hi Freddy,

Youtube is a great resource for classes. I see you are already doing meditation, good! You could try the following 20 minute yoga class just to start it and see how it goes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o0kNeOyH98

Hi eleveno,

I would be more interested in the gentle yoga.  Right now I am trying guided meditation and find it very good.  I've just printed off some worksheets as I really attempt to just do them "in my head" which is not a good idea.  This really is a work in progress.   Thanks for your help.
10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Eleveno! 

You're quite the inspiration yourself 

Ashley, Health Educator
Hi Freddy. One tip I give you with the worksheets is not trying to get it perfect. Just the fact you are "trying" is enough and with time the work will be much easier. I am glad you found interest in yoga . I am a regular practioner and I love it! There are many types of yoga, and some are more gentle while others are more dynamic where one could break a sweat. What type do you think you could enjoy more?

Hi Ashley. Thanks for your reply. You are allways an inspiration

Reading this thread: