Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

dealing with stress

15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thank you.

I think my ocelot is quite the cat ...
15 years ago 0 271 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wildcat,
Follow your gut, you are her mom, and you know her better than any of the professionals out there.  If you believe it is more or less than what the professionals say stick to your guns, and roar. 
You are a good mom.  I know alot of moms out there who just ignore things and hope they will clear up, but definitely being proactive now may prevent further problems later. 

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wildcat,

You are your child's advocate, so get the x-ray and be sure!  Mother's have a way of knowing and if your feeling it, get the x-ray and be down with it.

I have always taken you for a lion!

Josie, Health Educator
more stress...

I have been thinking.. a dangerous passtime, I know!

My son had a huge adenoids and since he was a baby it caused him to breath loudly and SNORE... By the time he was 8 or 9 he was waking up Every day miserable and started having headachs and sleeping in class... He had his adenoids and tonsils out! and now the world is wonderful!

I wonder if my daughter's bother he without being HUGE. Only Big. And leaky, and easily inflamed like her tonsils?  The odd head movement seems caused by a compression of her head -back and down- like when you thread water... And that is how she sleeps so as to NOT snore.  Otherwise she is not a noisy breather.  But mornings are Really Hard,  and getting worse.  And that head!  THere are a mess of us about to strap her into that neck collar that ambulance techs have to imobilize trauma victims. 

I would like to get an x-ray before the next doctor's check-up to see is all is okay with her nasal passage... Eh well.
15 years ago 0 271 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Wildcat,
Glad to hear that you are feeling more yourself today.  I find that seroquel is the best.  I am taking 25 mg every night, I think that may be why I don't want to get up in the morning.  I think maybe I will talk to my doctor about cutting the pill in half and see if that helps.
Until the test in may, it is just a little lump, like any of our other lumps, bumps, bruises, scrapes etc. until a test confirms something, it is a nothing (non-entity), just more of you to love.  I know, I know it is not my lump and easy for me to say and blah, blah, blah.  But I am here if you need to talk, shout or otherwise vent.
Take care and hope to hear from you soon.
15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wildcat,

Sounds like the Seroquel did the trick for you and you are feeling more grounded and less volatile!

As for your test in May, you are right that there is no sense in stressing out about something you have no control over. Think positive and hope for the best. The good news is that you will find out once and for all and then you will be in the best position to make some decisions. The hope is that everything will be perfectly fine and you will not have to worry anymore.

Please do keep us posted.

Faryal, Health Educator
Hi gang.

I did the seroquel thing,  12.5mg for 3 nites this time. 
 I am not so fragile and ready to burst into tears. 
I am not agressive and ready to rip people's heads off for being loud and Present!!
I am not jealous because others who used to be ignored have found friends and now ignore me.

I am back to a comfortable routein at work.

My daughter and husband have worked out an agreement to be together on papa's day off!
so peace is back at home, Tiamat is looking forward to 3 days and a week-end off!
My son is suffering growing pains, so there is nothing serious.

There is that thing in May that I am waiting for... that eh, echographie to see what the mammography found.  But I guess I am settling down a bit.  If I had put off the test, I still would not have known... and it would be there right doing whatever it is doing.  Now, I went for the test and know that it is there doing whatever it does.  But basically still not in any position to actively find out anything about this nodule.  So slowly, I have been convincing myself to look at the nodule in a new way.

It is not the grapefruit sized lump they took from my aunt.  It is not the softball tumor they took from my father's throat.  I cannot even feel it! What can I possibly do right now ?  nothing more than when I was completely ignornant... so I must wait.
yes I would ...

But we are too similar and we are both in this same spring phase.  Volatile.  Explosif.  Agressive.  Combative. 
Capricorne vs Taurus.

So I am not at my best and she needs me to be.  Well, with the weekend I will dose up on the Seroquel and cut this particular cycle.  Hopefully I will be back to a functioning human by Sunday!
15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lol, I am sure you would miss your chaos dragon!
thanks but my daughter is still for sale... a real bargain

Reading this thread: