Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Spent the whole day out

18 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Liz, Netball is similar to basketball, except you can't run or dribble the ball. There are 7 players on a team with 7 different positions. It is a very fast game and mainly played by women. Take a look at netball.org for more information Things here are going well. My kids spent the weekend and Grandma's house and are back there again today for another sleepover. I enjoy the peace and quiet. I finished my stocking stuffers today. I am preparing myself for my return to work on January 3. It has been 8 months since I have been at work and used my brain. I think it will take me a couple of months to get back to where my brain was before. I have made an appointment with my sports med doctor to see what he can tell me about my joint pain. My psychiatrist said it is not because of the drugs, but this all started when I started a new drug. Somedays I am able to ride the exercise bike, other days I can barely walk. Thanks for the suggestion about glucosamine and MSM. I will start taking it tonight. Take care and lots of hugs. Sharon
Kat, Keep your chin-up. I am thinking of you. Things here are going fine. I just got back from gettinh my kids stocking stuffers. This is the first time in years where I am looking forward to Xmas, especially the food. My therapist is away for the holidays so I don't see her for another 2 weeks so I have planned things to do all week. Take care and I hope you back gets better soon. Lots of hugs - Sharon
18 years ago 0 78 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi sweety! How have you been Sharon? As for me still feeling ****ty with my back and all but none of that even matters right now. because I know you are in a good place now You are so strong. I only can wish I could be like you. Maybee someday I could be that. Once I get on my meds and get therapy or something. It is so expensive to get treated for this crap though and I still dont have my med insurance. maybee then I can get some help and get better. I Just want to tell you that you are a good friend Sharon. thank you for being there for me when noone else was. ((((Hugs)))) Kat
18 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok, so I've posted with the two of you, and chatted on Buddies, and I HAVE to ask....what the heck is netball? Gabbi, I hope the time you'll be spending with family goes well. Stay strong, girlie. I think you're going to be just fine. I've noticed what a quick-witted lady you are from our Buddy chats, which requires intelligence. You are obviously a smart woman, and you're going to be just fine. Sharon, You are doing so well with everything. You should be very proud of yourself with all of your achievements the past few months. I am a bit worried about your joint pains. Have you spoken to your doctor about that? Is it a typical side effect to your medication? I do hope you're not in too much pain. Generally, supplements you can take for joint health are MSM, glucosamine, and chondroitin. The glucosamine and MSM can cause a little water retention, but the extra fluid "pads" and lubricates your joints. Also, gentle exercise and movement can actually help your joints feel better too. Hope that helps, and please do ask your doc about all that, OK? Love to you both, Liz
Hi Gabbi, Everything here is getting better each and evey day. I am looking forward to starting back at work part-time in January. I have been to my office building a couple of times now. I have spoken to people and been out to lunch with some of my co-workers. Therapy has really helped me deal with not being able to go to Australia and for the first time in 14 years I am starting to enjoy Christmas. How are things going with you? How was your weekend at you parents? How is the house hunting. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. Sharon
18 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sharon just wanted to see how you are doing.I hope things are going well for you and your family.Im off to my parents house for the weekend so i probably wont get a chance to post so have a great weekend and i'll catch up with you soon.Gabbi.
Thanks gabbi and Congrats for going out and playing netball again. You are obviously a strong women to be able to go out and play. My season has finished until January. I am not able to do any exercise at the moment as one of my drugs is making my joints ache and hurt, especially my hips and knees. I can't ride the bike or even go for long walks as my knees hurt to much. There is always something. Today has not been a good day. I am finding myself cry more often. How are your kids? How has your husband been? Did your parents come for the weekend? Take care - Sharon
18 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good on you Sharon thats great that you are able to get out and do so much you have come a long way.Dont be too hard on yourself for not being able to get home for xmas.You will have other opportunities im sure.Concentrate on getting yourself better and the rest will fall into place you'll see.How has your netball been going?I had a panic attack last week after i'd finishd my game and although i dont want to go this week i will make myself because its the only time i get away from everything at home.Keep inspiring me with the things you are achieving.Gabbi.
There is a method to my madness. I am trying to keep myself really busy so I don't think about not going home for Xmas. I am finding it hard to cope right now. I would have arrived home today. I know I shouldn't be dwelling on this but I can't help it. It is obsessive and it's always running in the back of my mind. How have you been? Best wishes - Sharon
18 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear you're doing so well, Sharon! Things are really looking up!

Reading this thread: