Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,545 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Your top 3- 5 years from now

12 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sunny... I often feel that you are with me up there in that tree, as I often use that quiet time to review your words of wisdom, encouragement, and strength.  :)
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone:  Sounds lovely, all of it.  Wish I could be there with each of you and share those views.

Sunny
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That might be the closest I get too.

Davit. 

~m Sounds like something I would do. We are going to add on to our house and there will be a deck overlooking one of the ponds with mountains in the background. I think more than one glass of wine will get drank there in the evening.
12 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I built my hounds a tree house (more of a perch really) so they could look over the rock wall in our back yard.  It faces West and the sunsets from up there are spectacular.  I like to climb up and just sit there with my dogs while having a glass of wine in the evenings.  We are near the river which this time of year is a very active migratory route for many types of birds. Soooo, peaceful... people in cars driving by below don't even notice we are up there.  I love it!
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
And it's closer to heaven
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I always wanted a tower in my house with windows all around so I could get that special view you get from "up". Or a widows walk. Years ago I road the man lift to the top of a grain elevator. The view of the surrounding prairie was amazing. Being on a roof is so much nicer somehow than just being "up". Maybe because it is mine. 

Davit.
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Canning isn't something I'm doing, but a friend with an orchard made some nice jams for us.

The warm, summer-like wind reminded me of the Caribbean, and today's the same, although we went to the hospital for  a doc's appointment.  Also, the quiet on the roof, and the privacy, and a unique view which I don't usually have.  being a detail person and with this condition, I usually don't have a "perspective".  I can't place my finger on the quality, other than the warmth.  I did allow myself the time, spontaneously(it wasn't on my list of things to "do"...that went out the window for a few days, and I wasn't feeling well.  I had to "seize the day", since some things have to be done,and I was going to make sure).  My brother was able to adjust the shingle, but there is another leak somewhere, needing attention, from a professional, otherwise I think I'm going to wake up some day thinking about a big wet kiss....and wake up with a huge piece of drywall on my face because the leak caused the ceiling of my drywall to cave in.

I made sure mom had a outside sunny seat to enjoy the sun after the doctor's appointment, and she enjoyed the sun-warmed breeze blowing over the lake.
Hi Hugs:  Hope your hand is o.k.  I haven't been on a roof for many years.  Not too keen on heights.  Wow, I'm impressed.  Isn't it maddening when you do one job and something else breaks and you have to fix it.  Sometimes it feels like it will never end, the fixing up, but it does.
I love Baroque music - when I need a lift it is perfect for me.  I can work with it too.
Why did it feel like a vacation?  And you didn't answer about the canning.  Which are your favourites?

Sunny
Hi -m:  Those meetings sound very good.  And I bet you will be able to help others later, wonderful thing for you to do. Let us know how it goes for you.  Proud of you.

Sunny

Good morning everyone:  I suppose it is one's state of mind which matters.  Today?  Well, I will do my utmost to be and do the best I can.  In this way I will know I did my best, I gave it my all, I tried.  Five years from now I hope I learned the lessons along the way to get there without stubbornly clinging to old ways which didn't work.  I hope I will be more enlightened and appreciative of all that life has to offer without any past regrets.

Sunny

Reading this thread: