Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Hello

13 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,

As always thank you for your reply. It means a lot to me and I always love to hear what you have to say. I need to always keep in mind this will pass it always does and friends like you and this program makes it so much easier.

By the way what is mantra?

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maggie

Now that you can tell yourself it is just anxiety raising your Blood Pressure. you should be able to bring it down.  Here is what I do. While sitting at the computer doing something I like I take it. Wait five minutes and take it again, ignoring it, and then five minutes later take it again. If I'm doing something I like it should have come down. One thing though, no typing or moving while you take it. If the readings stay the same that is my BP. If it drops, the high ones are anxiety. If it goes up then I am in too anxious a state to do this. It would be nice if you could do it floating in your pool. The more times a person realizes they are in an anxious state and they can leave it the easier it gets. 

Did you ever try a mantra while at the Gym. "this is just like anxiety" while you work out. Of course it could back fire and bring on the anxiety. You sound like you can tell it to go away though.

Good to hear you sounding happy.

Here for you,
Davit.

13 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone,

Wanted to share something with all of you. It is so easy to fall back into your anxiety/panic attack mode. I had been doing great for so many months. Don't get me wrong I am still doing much better than before but for the past couple of days I have been edgy. As some of you may know one of my phobias is to check my blood pressure when I am anxious (big mistake)! Anyways, as you know my Dr. likes for me to keep a log to monitor this. For the past 3 months my blood pressure has been great!!  Why because I was anxious free..The end of March I checked my blood pressure I had a high reading of 149/100. So that got me going..I had a Dr.'s appt yesterday with my OBGYN and of course since I suffer from white coat syndrome as it is and being I'm anxious these past couple of days my reading at the Dr. was 150/100. I have decided not to let myself get worked up anymore about this and with what I have learned through CBT and reading many books I am handling everything pretty calm. I will not check my blood pressure until this anxious stage passes but it is amazing how the mind works and how easy it is to fall back into this if you allow yourself to. I am off to the gym now to work out and plan on relaxing this weekend with my family. The weather her in Florida has been beautiful so I will relax in my pool this afternoon and read and relax.

We all need to be strong and not let our minds take control. We need to put a big STOP sign on the first sign of obsessive thinking and replace it with positive beautiful thoughts. Davit, I called my Dr. to let him know my reading at the OBGYN and he told me not to worry it's my anxiety easy for him to say..

What is your opinions on the effect of raising blood pressure and anxiety?

Reading this thread: