Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Music

13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dizzy,

Thanks for that. I wasn't actually looking for whale sounds - sorry if i sounded that way. I actually have lots of whale recordings. I'll still see what You Tube has to offer though; I haven't ever looked there. More I was just wondering what other people like to listen to so I could try out some new music. Thanks for your offer of assistance though! :)

Teebs

13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cool Mom, I mean Sweetbee :)  I used to teach at my daughter's school and the kids would ask me what my favorite music was and they all dropped their jaws when they found out I was listening to the same music they were.  Kids also have their own lingo, which my daughter kept me up to date on, so I'd throw in one of their cool words every now and then and that would really get their attention.  You can tell I'm more outdated with the lingo than music.  Because, I keep saying cool.  That was in my generation :) 
13 years ago 0 118 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Teebs

I not sure exactly what your looking for but I typed whale sounds and got a lot of responses on you tube. You may want to try you tube this may be what you are looking for. I assume you have a computer (since your on the panic centre) and know how to access you tube but if you need help please reply and I will assist.

Dizzy
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI:  In my family, we have musicians.  I never learned the piano.  Being the fifth child and moving around so much never had the opportunity.  I know it is never too late!  who knows, I might look into it.  However, getting back to the thread, the Rolling Stones do it for me every time.  Though  I liked the Beatles too, but the Stones were for me.  I like Brazilian music too.  At one time I was very much into Russian folk music (I had a Russian gf) and was learning Russian. Santana for sure, every time.  
For relaxing and thinking, baroque. 
13 years ago 0 122 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Ashley great thread, I too Love and listen to all kinds of music!
When I'm having a down day I put on some music and with in 30
mins I'm back to being on the go.

Shari I can relate with you, my daughter and her friends are a little
surprised when I tell them about a new song that is coming out
or a new album thats do out, I have always kept up with what the
kids were listening to, I always thought good music comes from all
ages!

I will check out the websites Ashley posted. Keep them coming!

My best to all.

sweatbee
Thanks Teebs!  I'm going to check it out.  I love System of a Down (they broke up).  I describe them as a Goth Opera Metal band.  Wild lyrics and way out there.  Glad to have a fellow head banger for a friend :) 

Your friend,

13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Another great website is Pandora. You can type in the name of an artist that you like, and it will play music from that artist and other similar artists. It's a great way to discover new musicians in genres that you like.

Shari - Good for you! It's fun to always be full of surprises. You're definitely right about rocking out being a good release sometimes.
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow.

This is our chicken lady?:-) Bet she could teach them to dance. Head bobbing and two stepping.

Davit. ( who dances like a chicken also )
Hi,  I love all kinds of music too.  I picked up a metal CD by Disturbed and the cashier, who knew me, asked if I was getting that for my daughter and I said, "No.  It's for me".  Mike said, "But you knit and crochet."  I said, "I'm full of surprises and I used to play guitar in a rock band in High School."  I thought it was pretty funny.  My Dad was always the cool Dad with my friends, because he listened to the kind of music that all my friends and I did.  And, I'm that way with my daughter and her friends.  I know what groups they're talking about.  After their initial shock, now they tell me what the lasted hot CD is and tell me I should get a copy :)  Classical music is calming and sometimes metal is too anxiety causing, but sometimes you just need to blow steam and get rid of stress and do some head bobbing and hair flipping and get it out of your system.  Rock on!
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi.

My music taste is so varied. Every thing from the classics and opera to Tina and Santana.

But there are days when I can not listen to certain music because it makes me sad or anxious. I find it can change my mood quite drastically, causing calm or anxiety. I use it for background on my computer. Good for clearing the cob webs.

Davit

Reading this thread: