Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Something to laugh about

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ,
Carnations...You sound so sad in this post...It sounds like you are beating yourself up for what you see as "failure".... please don't give up..you can beat it...give it time.... go easier on yourself....I know how hard that is...but if you can  think of all your pluses, and knock out that frustrated feeling...maybe that will help!   Better  days are ahead for you! 
Anerol...haha, amazing how something like that water spray can change a mood in an instant !
Davit, so glad to hear your staph infection is gone and that Tim's is going  to have to go out of business! lol
Cleo

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit:  Glad your staph inf. is better.  Those doughnuts sound good alright...we'll just pretend you brought some to our support mtg. lol
13 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
carnationsL,
Don't worry about it we were all a little to happy here any way.  Having way to much fun.  I did expect to read this post under the thread titled set backs.  That is ok though.  In answer to your post I think we all have good days and bad days and we have to try to make the best out of the good days we have and realize that the bad days will not last forever.  We need to keep challenging our anxious and negative thoughts and replacing them with positive thoughts.  If I don't consciously do this than I start to feel bad and when I start to feel bad I have to analyze the situation and start using the 10 Questions list again.  This list in something I need to keep in the back of my mind if I want to stay well and bring it forward and use it when I need to.   I hope this information and this list helps you.

Red
13 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
carnationsL,

nonononononono....no apology needed.  We can all relate.  It can be so frustrating when you have setbacks because it feels like you're not making progress.  But, you are.  It's so slow and so miniscule sometimes that it's hard to see that you are indeed moving forward.  But, think about this: if you can handle being in an anxious situation for 30 seconds longer than a previous time, you have made progress.   One day that 30 seconds will be 30 minutes.  Don't give up on yourself.  It WILL get better.

Each time that you challenge your thoughts, you are knocking them down a peg.  Those thoughts are fighters and you need to be, too.  And you are cooler than they are, so you'll win in the end!

Would it help to talk about what specifically made it a bad day for you?  

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
carnationsL

They are going to have an expert you can ask questions of but till then I have lots of experience with this and I have beat it. I also have access to a therapist and she doesn't cost me anything. You may have some misconceptions of this condition, most people do.  I know I did and she straightened me out. You may have the wrong idea about medication. You may have an unrealistic fear of it. With out a lot of knowledge this is a pretty hard thing to beat, not impossible but hard and time consuming with lots of trips down the wrong road. One step forward and two back is pretty good for a person who does not know why, and it is better than having them all backwards. There are some good books but they do no good if you are not in the right state of mind to accept them. Also we get a preconceived way of looking at something and can't accept that it may be wrong. Rhubix (?) invented the cube to teach his students that some times you have to do something in a way that makes no sense till you do it and then it does. 

That said, please don't be sorry for anything you print here. We can not prescribe but we can give you are personal experience. Any thing I tell you is on the net and backed up with questions to my therapist. The only people who do not beat this are those who give up. Some need medication so they don't some get by without it. Medication comes down to this. You can take meds so you don't have to do the CBT or you can take meds so you CAN do the CBT.
The difference is that only one way will get you off them. Or you can do nothing and get worse if you do need them.

Sorry if this looks like tough love. But it still is love. I want you to get as good or better than me and will do all I am allowed to do to help you. So will the other members. This can be beat but it will take time and some of that time may need medication. There are examples of refusing meds and quitting meds too soon in the forums and I am sure there will be more examples of both in the future. It is just the nature of the beast.

I do not advocate using meds as a crutch, but they do have there place to get you over the hump. I wish I had a licence and more education so I could do more for you. I really do. Please keep posting, we really do care. Have you looked into allergies? Sometimes as we age we become more sensitive.
Please tell me what you expect to get from this program and what you are willing or have time to do?

Your friend and fellow member.
Davit.
13 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sorry, i didn't mean to be a downer in this thread.
just frustrated yet again from the 1 step forward, 2 steps back.
13 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i thought i was having an ok day, but it is another 'bad' day.
i even told myself i was going to try to laugh more this week and it
has been hard. i get so frustrated and disappointed in myself
that i can't do the activities i used to do because of the anxiety.

having another bad day,
carnationsL
13 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,
Thanks for the update.  I am glad you are getting better and that your staph has cleared.  It sounds like you might get a much needed rest soon.  Enjoy your tea and doughnut,  sounds like a nice reward to me.

Red
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Back from the doctors. No more staph from the cultures done the day the tractor bit me. No more cloxacillin to take. Ten days ceftriaxone to take for the tractor bite. Then if I haven't had teeth pulled by then I will get a break till then. Cloxacillin has cleared so no more anxiety. Life is good again even though I ache. Tea and a doughnut, life is even better.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Baking and cooking, how fun.

I remember a time when I was very angry and I went outside to water the plants still thinking about about the angry things and then, when I let go of the hose the lever hit the ground and I sprayed myself. I wanted to scream and then, out of no where, I couldn't help but crack up. It was soo funny and the anger just went away. Weird how funny things just creep up. Life is good. Glad you both seem to be in good spirits. 

Reading this thread: