Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

You can get better

14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi anerol,
I like your picture too.  I glad to hear you are getting and feeling better. I am feeling more peaceful also.

Have a nice night anerol,

Red
14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red, 
I love your photo too. I'd like to add to you that I have gotten better too and my spirits too. I feel like even though not much has changed, my spirit completely has changed and I feel more peaceful and accepting. 
14 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red:  I love your photo.  You do look so happy and it made me smile.  You truly are an inspiration for newcomers and older alike.  Yay
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

Very good point. Because I post so easy I never thought of posting as exposure, but it is isn't it. Thank you for bringing this up. Could this be why newcomers are so reluctant? Could it be because it really is difficult for them? Let's welcome them again and tell them they can write anything even just to say HI. You are so right. Posting is an excellent place to start.

Your friend Davit, feeling meek.
14 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh! Red, you look so happy and content and quite at home with you machine too!!!!

Thanks for sharing and encouraging us....that's just what I needed today.

Good morning Samantha,

In response to your question.  My tip to all the new members who have been hesitant to post is that after you have started to read about how the program works just think of posting as your first experience with exposure.  It is a way of getting your feet wet before your jump all the way into the water.  It just gets easier and easier each time you do it and it really helps you work the program.  Having a support group and participating in it is a key element to you getting better and it helps you learn how to deal with your anxiety/panic/agoraphobia which ever one you are dealing with or maybe all three like me. Think of it as a stepping stone to getting well.  It is a very useful and necessary tool on your road to leading a happy and healthy life. This is a great group of caring individuals helping each other find their way and the educators are very knowledgeable and caring and will try to answer any question you post.  Please give it a try, you have nothing to lose and  possibly a lot to gain.
You will never know until you give it a try.

Red
14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. You have been a true inspiration here, your peserverance and dedication the program is motivating. I really like your new picture, you look genuinely happy. Continue to share your experience to help others have hope that by working through the program and reaching out in the support groups they can achieve their personal goals. I'm sure that you have touched several new members with this post, be proud of yourself for the progress you have made. Continue to thrive and strive forward! Let us know how that quilting is going!

For members that have been browsing the forums but have been hesitant to post, what would be your best tip to them?

Samantha, Health Educator
I posted a new picture and blog today to show everyone both old and new to the program and support group that you can get better.  There are many here that have gotten better.  If you are new to the program I want you to know that there is hope.  If you work the program and participate in the support group you will get better.  I am living proof of that.  I have been suffering with severe agoraphobia for many many years and became a shut in because of it.  I have been working this program since January and have been able to do things that I thought would never have been possible for me to do in my life time.  I am a work in progress and I still have a ways to go.  Each and every day that I work the program I get stronger and life just gets better and better.  I just want to let you all know that when you hit bottom there is really no where to go from there but up and that you will get better working this program and that participating in the support group has been a key element in my recovery.  Don't be afraid to post. It really helps.

Red

Reading this thread: