Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Question about Subliminal Messages

9 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You might want to try mindfulness for anxiety as well.

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have some recordings of birds and instruments, some have water sounds in them that I usually play when I go to sleep. 
I like the ones with a pan flute or a piano. I especially like the pan flute.
None of them have voices. I'm an introvert so don't want anyone talking to me. One person I lived with liked the ones where someone talks. For almost a year I phoned one lady every night and talked to her till she fell asleep. She is better now, but after getting out of hospital did not want to be alone at night. 
So it varies what works. 
For years I had one recording I could not listen to. I used it in hospital and when I got home it reminded me of the bad time I had in the hospital and acted like a trigger. It is fine now. I listen to music on my old laptop in my little greenhouse when I'm transplanting. 
I like classical music because it has no voices. 
I sleep so easy that I seldom hear more than the first song.

Davit
9 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't know if they work or not....I've just started listening to them.  Can't hurt though.  The one for anxiety is really nice.  It's just the sounds of rain and wind chimes.  You don't hear the subliminal messages.  I have a program that I use to convert YouTube videos into MP3s and then put them on my iPod and usually listen to them when I'm trying to go to sleep.
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't know. Do they help you? I'm the wrong personality for that. I'm an introvert. I don't do good in groups or following.

Davit
9 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Does anyone have any experience with these/know if they work?  I subscribe to a YouTube channel for a person who does wonderful guided visualization meditations and there are also a few subliminal message videos for anxiety and stress relief.

Reading this thread: