Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,458 Members

Please welcome our newest members: jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease, Nallemor, Snaffums

Pump It Up

9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There is a type of wind mill that pumps air and the air pumps the water. It is small and almost silent. Still I would love to have a real windmill and a tank on a tower to go with it. Tank though would have to be 25 feet high to get adequate water pressure. 

Davit
9 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
davit, Aren't those windmills really noisy? Someone with cottage was upset about one, but I live in the city, and grew up listening to railways at 500 am and trolleys all days. maybe that's why I don't sleep well!
9 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs, 
Great thread.  You're absolutely right about incorporating activity into your daily routine.  I'm glad you are feeling the benefits of going to the gym often and/or all the added work you are doing around the house.  Your body does respond, becoming stronger, increasing your endurance and best of all, improving your mood!
Keep it up everyone!
Vincenza, Health Educator
It was so invigorating going for a walk, even though the summer heat & humidity is uncomfortable. I was tired, and decided to try it, as an alternative to taking a nap, watching tv...
I wonder if I should get some help gardening, so I can focus on fewer things? I was just informed that the yard, and the area, was part of a lakeshore. It's as though I'm trying to garden on a beach, which doesn't make much sense? One would never know this by the abundant flowers and veggies of the past!
There are days I wish I had a wind mill. I have lots of water but hydro to pump it has doubled. So right now rain is a good friend, only I am not getting any. Hydro claimed they needed the money to replace old generators yet we are still being penalized for consumption so why do they need bigger generators? Not for us obviously. The power is going south and the larger volume of water used to generate the power is going south too but it doesn't seem to be benefiting you even though the Columbia runs through the States. Too many people on this planet. More than half the irrigated plants we grow are for fuel and animal feed. Yet fuel costs go up and meat goes up. Supply and demand. Too many people, too many cars. And I am complaining too much. It just pisses me off that everything we need is going up in price. Good thing I can still grow food. Good thing I like it here despite the cold.

Davit
9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs sounds like you are busy busy as usual..If you get outdoor I hope you enjoy your walk if not than maybe your gardening or what ever tickles your fancy..Good luck with your renovation planning and your upcoming class..

I find taking on one task at a time helps me to not get to overwhelmed and overloaded with all there is do too..

Good Day to you my friend :)

Red..

9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit look like you are pumping it up with right about now with all your farming..Lots to do...My Friend..

As for me I rode the stationary bike indoors for about 20 minutes and the real bike around the block about 5 times yesterday than I decided to mow the yards again, it's been about 2 weeks. Today I am watering the old fashioned way with sprinklers on the garden hoses, the sprinkler system just doesn't seem to do the trick and I would have to leave it on for to long and that costs lots of money. Right now my water/sewer bill is running $150 a month.  We are suppose to be conserving right now because of the drought. The lawn looks pretty dead now..Hopefully the garden sprinklers will do the trick..I will see what it cost me when I get my new bill!

Will thats about it for now..Off to move the sprinklers around again..

Have a Good Day..:)

Red..

Hugs.

My little electric tiller is such a labour saver. And it isn't a toy. I use it everywhere.

Davit.
Red, Glad you enjoy riding a bike. I'm going to risk going for a walk, but this pollen is killing me. I feel sapped of energy. Then again it could be worse with some stressors: a renovation, taking an online course(I could drop that), the challenge of getting the garden ready. I'll bet I could simplify gardening with a tiller, but the weather is so unpredictable.

Reading this thread: