Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Magic Pill Transformation

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SP,
I think what scares people about life is that we have the resources to get what we want, since we have the "canvas" and "brushes".

The first step is to imagine it, as though it was a "magic" pill, and work backwards
12 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Darn, I saw the title of this discussion and had hoped to find a miracle :D

Sunflowerpainter.
Ashley,
What I was thinking about was visualizing my goals, so I could work backwards and plan. 

Uusally I begin to plan for 2012 at this time(or earlier since I procrastinate) so it is timely and part of my homework this week.

Planning is helpful since it allows me the meaning I need in life, and structure in my days..
12 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all,

Great response Davit! I think it can be problematic to wishfully think about a "magic pill". Unfortunately they do not exist and it can be counter productive to wish for a solution that is outside of your control.  What IS in your control (Davit is right) can be attitude and perception. How can you change your attitude and perception when you are aggitated?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

You have a "magic pill". It is installed in your mind under attitude and perception. Problem is some of us are chronically wired to be night people or morning people. All the intentions in the world don't seem to work for me if it is not within my parameters to do something. So I put it off till it is. This is why my lists are all mental and have no time limit. I can't do something if it is the wrong time. Every thing has a time and place. Trick is to find it and use it. And I do, so things do get done. They don't if I try to force them.

Davit.
Last night I couldn't sleep, either since I had to be out at night, with a full moon dragging my poor parent to a medical appointment.  Being agitated, I wondered about the following.

If you had a "magic pill", how would it change you?

I guess I would bounce out of bed, follow my "to do" list and complete it with enthusiasm daily.

Reading this thread: