Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,491 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Natural Remedies

12 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit, wait let me check on that dosage ....... looking..... 260mg per serving and I take two per day and when really bad, three.  I know I shouldnt, but otherwise I go nuts.  Core beliefs, yes, I know, I am terrible with that lately, as if all the negative ones have surfaced at once. A
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ann

Curious how well Sceletium Tortuosa works and what dosage. I found the profile on Stresam interesting too.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Ann Margaret!

You have come to the right place. It would be great to hear more about you in the "Introduce yourself" section.

Looking forward to reading more from you!
Ashley, Health Educator
Hi. ann

Welcome. When you get to core beliefs it should help with BDD. I believe they are a contributing factor. CBT certainly works on them.

Davit.

12 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I use Sceletium Tortuosa, 5htp and inositol for anxiety, ocd and well a tiny bit of depression.  Battling with BDD really.  Sometimes I have to take a Stresam, but trying to avoid pharmaceutical drugs.  Dont smoke but need some java during the day.  I am also doing the program, new here. 
A
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Zen,
The world, if it could have a perpective, doesn't distinguish minerals from medication.  Both are used in mainstream and holistic medicine, even though the marketers try to manipulate you and I.

Compliance, diagnosis and a good treatment plan are among the important variables for me for success.

Diet will level your mood, and it sounds like you're going down that path.  Good luck!
Interesting deficiency symptoms! Anxiety being only one of them.

Davit.
Zen. 

Hoping your other meals aren't coffee and cigarettes. 

Not everything that works has a reason. For me Calcium is very important. But then I have osteopenia. Still my calcium level is okay. But I need an extra gram a day to keep the anxiety away. Why I don't know. I have some theories. Does it work for everyone? No. Does my doctor know? Yes, he does tests periodically. Did my calcium level go up or did I get stones?No. everything is fine. That is what the tests are for.

I'm hoping what ever you do, you do with your doctors knowledge. I'm also hoping you will let me know what, and if, it works so I can add it to my personal knowledge.

Now I'm going to check into magnesium.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had my bad days. But I didn't let them get to me. I am focused on completing the program. I was thinking that I could use a something natural with CBT. I am afraid of the side affects of meds. So I want to get a full physical and see if my body is lacking in anything. I know my diet is bad. I usually eat once a day. I am not getting the right amount of minerals I need day by day. So that is the route I want to take. Excersise, diet, and CBT.  
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Zen,

I would strongly advise to consult with your health care practitioner before starting any new treatment, whether natural or pharmaceutical.  There are few to no side effects taking magnesium, however, you want to make sure that's the right supplement for you and how much to take daily.

How are you feeling these days? 

Vincenza, Health Educator

Reading this thread: