Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

relaxation

13 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thats totally rad! if i could do half a good a job as you have i would be ecstatic!
13 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You shouldn't give apologies for you'r painting, I for one like it.
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Juanita

I used to have a dark room and would use it to trace pictures. Lots of people do this. I still like the picture. I like the colour choice. I never had the patience or capability to do water colours.
As long as you are having fun that is the main thing. I like acrylic better than oil. Mostly I like that you are happy and have something you like to do.

Here for you,
Davit.
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi again,
Thanks everyone...I guess I should have been   more clear..  I was just too excited when I got home last eve.   This is not watercolour..its acrylic/oil..I did the 3 lessons in watercolour and all I got out of that was some boxes, shapes and swirls...way too hard for me...although I signed up again for next month..haha..will see about that...because when I was at the craft shop last week  I saw an advert for this class.. it guarenteed a nice picture at the end of the class ....and it was dog day yesterday... I brought a pic of cleo in and stenciled it then it was basically paint in the lines..hahah.. it took all day though! ..so now I've found something I like...I'm going back next Sat too...its a scenery day...sorry if I disappointed anyone in my lack of artisticness...if thats a word...but hey..I drew it and coloured it well!!
Not quite Picasso
Juanita
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Juanita!
I thinks this is a great success story and a wonderful painting too..Congratulations on your new found confidence and freedom..

Red
13 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Beautifully said Juanita!  I too can so relate...
Your painting is amazing.  I'm with Davit, not what I expected from water colors.... very bright, very striking.  You SHOULD be proud of this accomplishment.  Also the getting it resized and posted.  You inspire me!

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Juanita:  You explained it perfectly.  I can relate totally to this one.  I didn't get very many encouragements growing up either and used to put myself down a lot.  I might still think negatively every now and then but can stop myself now and I can graciously accept compliments.  Now you understand this and you are stopping it now too, Bravo.

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
that is gorgeous Juanita, you are very talented

Your friend Debi
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Juanita.

Nice choice of colours, and so sharp too. When you said water colours I was not expecting this. This is good. No wonder you said it was difficult.

I use corn flakes too and prefer them.

Here for you.
Davit.
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone
I've had a lightbulb moment..... I want to share with you all...while I was making my meatloaf I got to thinking about my post and I thought" I should have wrote " its just a STUPID little painting " ..but then it came to me...it took me 47 years to really think, and  be able to tell others, that I was worthwhile..my negative core beliefs about never being good enough, never trying hard enough..well, I havent said ..or thought...very many nice things about myself in years..until coming here of course..oh how I wish I had Sunny's way with words...I hope you get what I am saying...I grew up in  a house where it was never ever good enough...so that belief carried over with me..even to this day, where a part of me is ashamed that I think my painting is good...don't worry..I don't think I'll ever get a "big head" so to speak..but its really nice to be able to think and say nice things about yourself...and finally, truly, believe it!! Maybe this should have went under Success stories, cause as hard as this is ..it is a  sucess for me!My loaf is done..used Corn flake crumbs instead of bread....did it before..really nice...take care my friends..everday is just another step in our journey
Juanita.

Reading this thread: