Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Mood-enhancing foods

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Hay Davit!!!

Thanks for putting up the pic of Shari's new baby puppy..Shes sooo cute.

Well, I will be signing out for now got to go to the races, meaning shopping at Walmart.
Talk to you later.....

One of the old timers,
Red.
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red 

This is a picture of Chiquita. Shari's new puppy.

Davit.
Davit,

Thanks for the update on Shari..Its good to hear she is doing well..Tell her hi for me and that I hope she loves her new puppy.
I guess we are one of the few still here holding down the Fort now...People get well and leave the nest as it should be I guess.

Your friend,
One of the timers.
Red....
Hi Juanita,

It's great to hear from you and how well you are doing. I do miss you and your cherry posts though...I sometimes feel like I don't really have a lot new to add  here either but than something happens or I read a post and I am posting again. I am so happy to hear that your hubby is coming home soon all safe and sound..I bet you can't wait to see him..
Life does move on but don't forget when you get a chance to stop by and say hi and let us know how you are doing..Remember the program will always be here if you need it again. 

Good luck to you too in all that you do!
Red.
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for checking in, Juanita. Glad to hear you are doing well and keep up with CBT. Your husband is a lucky man!

Tiana, Health Educator
Juanita.

Six weeks. Till Easter. Surprisingly it is not that big of a hardship for me. Now eggs would be tough. or mushrooms. Besides I didn't give up on honey. (nor my honey lol) honey glazed fried mushrooms, yes. You know the worst tasting apples make the best wine. I'll make a small batch of spinach wine this summer and maybe Swiss chard. Who knows. I mean rhubarb is excellent.

Staph didn't hit as bad this time, maybe I'm winning.

Glad your hubby is coming home. Now we definitely will be missing you. Come visit here when you can.  For those who knew her, Shari is doing fine and just bought a pup to replace her old dog that died a while back.  Seems we are plagued with losing pets.

Uncle.

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone,
I'm posting this under Relaxation because I'm just checking in ..have read alot of the posts from this week and want to  get my 2 cents worth in! ha!
Uncle Davit....no sugar and butter ....for how long???? How can one live without the 2 most delicious things  in the universe? Oh..maybe by drinking spinach wine! Now that is interesting....I want to know how that works out...seriously tho..I'm sorry to hear you are still plagued by the staph....that just sucks!
I only come here every few days now....I find since I'm "better " that I really don't have anything new to add..just keep with the program..this CBT one that is...( not to sound glib)
 I did read from a new member that no-one uses humour here...now this I disagree with..if only Sheri were still here...she is a hoot...so my advice to that member is to go back to some of the older posts...you'll soon be laughing...
Anyhow, hubby  is on his way home...its a long trip for him...he has stop overs and such...so he's home Thurs..whoo-hoo!
Oh...he's been dry over there..yup, notta single glass of beer in almost 3 months!! and he likes his beer..(no, he doesnt have a problem..he just enjoys a  couple of beer once in a while.)..so I built him a litle beer tower of his fav's...Guiness, some Polish  beer I  cant pronounce..etc..what a good wife eh? He's bringing me purses and  genie lamps...
Keep the faith  Everyone! Good luck to  you all......remember.. its "the hardest easiest thing you will ever do"
Juanita
13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dr Farvolden(under the "Ask the Expert" toolbar)speaks to your concern about caffeine this month, while you wait out an appointment to your family physician, as Tiana suggested.

Also, under the toolbar, is an entirely other programme for a healthy weight management programme under "More Help", while you're biding your time before seeing a physician.

So much to learn, and so much to do with Spring around the corner...that doesn't help the knot in my stomach either!
Guy.

Different boat but same waters. I have arthritis so take Nsaids which are very hard on the stomach. I also get that anxiety based knot in the stomach and couldn't force a banana down with a plunger. I take Cytotech to protect my stomach and it helps. Getting rid of the knot should I would think increase your appetite. If not try a couple of cans of ensure, that should make you look for something better to eat. That isn't that much coffee unless it is strong. 
The other option and one I don't approve of is Ativan. Valium would be better. Easier to eat when you are calm. But just temporary if you could stop at temporary would be okay.

Here for you,
Davit

PS the maple syrup thing I got from the web.
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Guy,

This is not an uncommon symptom. You might want to talk to your family doctor about how you are feeling. In the meantime, you might need to use common sense to force yourself to keep healthy. Aim for nutrient-dense foods, lots of protein and carbs, low fat, and keep taking your vitamins. The smoothies are a good idea. As your anxiety eases, your appetite will return.

Tiana, Health Educator

Reading this thread: