Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Your Dreams

13 years ago 0 122 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Red,

I'm So glad you had a great time on your trip, hope you
tooks photo's. I haven't been to Utah but have been out
to the southwest and the moutains were pretty. Thanks
for showing us that if we strive it can be done!

sweatbee

sweatbee
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dreams are beautiful especially when they come true.  My trip was wonderful, they scenery was extraordinary and I did great.  You really can get well.  I am living proof of that. 

Red
(:(:(:
Anerol,

Congratulations on following your dream of taking some classes and getting in the car and doing some driving again.  I am so happy for you .  You are making some real progress.  It is interesting talking to people I agree.  Taking the first step is hard but after that it gets easier.  You should be very proud of yourself and I think this calls for a special reward.

Red
I had a dream of going to Bryce Canyon National park in Utah and I am here doing it.  It is beautiful here. It is green and the rock formations are beautiful.  I was able to go for a 2 1/4 mile hike today at elevation of 9000 feet with temperatures in the 80's.  Even thought it was hard it felt good that I was able to do it.  There are a lot of tourists here and I am not having any problem with the crowds at all.  The only problem I had today was with a very negative email I received this evening. So I will not be checking my email or posting for a while.  This laptop will just have to be shut off and shut down for a while. Thats one way to get rid of the negativity for a while.  I hope you all have been doing well and following your dreams.  

Red

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anerol

Proud of you. People can be very interesting even if they are unpleasant. Thinking of going back to school too but it will all have to be online.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Davit, I replied to your comment on to your blog.

Ashley, yes, i'm thinking of going back to school... I'm going to start with the online classes first and eventually I want to be able to physically go back. I am waiting for the fall catalog for the list of classes. 

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Reading about others' dreams...well, I guess mine is a lot like Anerol's.  Would love that ship to cruise around the world and stop off where and when and for how long I would like.  I would love to see the cultural events, arts, etc. of the area.  Would like to learn their arts and crafts.  Would write about my adventures but not travelogues.  Somerset Maughm wrote some great short stories of the east.  They sure tell a lot about past colonial attitudes.  I've always enjoyed anthropology.  Loved to get the Nat'l Geographics when I was young.

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When I was buying my lotto tickets yesterday I thought of this thread..and dreamt about what I would do with all that money...Ofcourse I would share it with my family and friends, and give to Charity, but then I would buy a beautiful house down island near the city with walk-on waterfront. Tons of windows.  And an infinity pool, a nice spot for fires and BBQ's, lots of Cleo's! I'd love to have alot of Cavaliers running around.  I'd love to go to California or  Florida , somewhere on the ocean where its warm.
But I didn't even get a number so I guess I'll just have to fantazise about this while I  clean the house. And there's always the 649 tonight!
Ashley..I tried to analyse what values are in my dream..wonder what you will say.
Have a great day Everyone, I loved reading about your dreams.. May they all come true!
Cleo
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley

There is plenty of anxiety. I'm not totally sure I want to do this. Change is hard to do and there are two of us here. What happens is not my decision only. How am I handling it? Same as I always do, I'll worry a lot but ride it out anyway and if it falls apart as it may well do I will pick up the  pieces and move on.

Davit
13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,

Seems like security was not a value in your dream.  I had a little incling it might but I am glad you pointed out when you disagreed.  

Hi Davit,  It sounds like this is quite an exciting time for you in this relationship.  As I am sure you know all of these doubts and worries you are experiencing are common in new relationships.  I think you are going into this with a great mind set and it will certainly serve you.  Is there any anxiety at all surrounding this issue? If so, how are you managing it?

Hi Anerol,
That is beautiful. I think it is great how you immerse yourself in this value.  I am sure the topic is incredibly interesting.  I bet it would wonderful to sit down and have a talk with you about all you have learned about cultures over the years.  Have you ever thought about taking a course on cultural awareness? 
Oh and I am sure that you have much more values.  Those were just a few I could pull out of one little paragraph! 

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: