Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,536 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Relaxation Exercise CDs

16 years ago 0 138 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good points. One has to try a number of different productions to find one that suits them, plus relaxation/stress relief works best when it is practiced consistently vs waiting for the moment they are needed. We need to build up a reserve of relaxation so that we are buffered against a rise in tension. Things I need to remember myself.
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Kittcat, it is tough to find good relaxation tapes. :) -Diva
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the tip Kittcat! Danielle - Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 78 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey everyone, When I first got diagnosed with anxiety, my health care providers urged me to do relaxation exercises twice a day. Originally, I got some relaxation "scripts" from my counsellor and made some tapes to listen to, but I really felt silly listening to my own voice and they were pretty low quality. Recently, I found some relaxation CDs on the American Amazon.com website (I'm in Canada, but the Canadian website didn't carry them) that are produced by a psychologist, Carolyn McManus. There are a variety of them. I got the Progressive Relaxation & Autogenic Training and the Relaxation Body Scan & Guided Imagery for Well-Being CDs. I was sceptical, despite the excellent user reviews I read because a lot of the CDs I've tried in the past were really cheesy/"hokey" and had poor sound quality. But I can confirm that these CDs are excellent! A warning to any newbies to relaxation exercises: do not expect to feel 100% relaxed immediately after trying the exercise. It takes consistent practice, but it's definitely worth it!

Reading this thread: