Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

What have you learned?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.759 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,772 Members

Please welcome our newest members: A_Cyclist, Cecilia_EH, MereM, browcari, Cas151

MEDICATION

18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am also in Canada - Northern Ontario. I am taking Paxil. Another doctor mentioned Celexa... I don't know if I should switch or not. It's tough figuring things out, relying on doctors' advice!
18 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sonshine, i am also from Canada and also have an Rx for Effexor, but I haven't filled it because I am terrified of all meds, and have never taken anything more potent than a Tylenol 3. Obviously I can't tell you whether you should take the pills since I don't know your situation but i do think everyone needs to go with what they are comfortable with. Have you tried the CBT program on this site or thru a local provider? If not, you may want to consider that first or in addition to the medication. Good luck! This site will help lots too! Caitlin
18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sorry if this is in the wrong spot, im not sure where to post it. i also already posted it, but it was in the newbie section (welcome) and i wanted to post this in this section so people will read it. I signed up because i accidently found this site while doing some extra online research about a couple meds my doctor gave perscribed me. She stresses that i take Effexor instead of Lorazempam. I have read the side effects from the pill sheet i got when i got my meds (effexor) and not sure if i should switch or not. I am honestly scared to take the pills. Some of the side effects are scary and not sure if i want to leave lorazempam for effexor now.

Reading this thread: