Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,491 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Thinking about quiting smoking

13 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
carnationsL,
Thanks for caring and thanks for the support.  Your posting is helping

Red

sunny, 

Thanks,  I just might have to do that to get the support I need for the nicotine problem.  I will still have the anxiety issue and depression to deal with.  Which will harder with out nicotine. I know it is hard for people to understand that have never used it, but it is a drug just like meds.
Red

anerol,
Thanks for the support and I agree it is like meds.  It is a drug that I use to deal with my anxiety and depression and I am trying to ween off slowly.  I will just have to see how it goes.  That is if I can deal with the anxiety with out my med /drug of choice nicotine that I self medicate with. 

Red
13 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,
Congrats on your decision, for it is a hard one. I was able to quit smoking because i got anxiety disorder. i quit pretty much everything after anxiety, but I wasn't a heavy smoker to begin with and my mind was so much into getting more healthier that it wasn't so difficult for me. But i've seen my dad and sister's bf try to quit and they get irritable when they do too. I guess it's like medication and it would be best to 'ween' off of it little by little. Good luck and take it slow. 

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red: No need to apologize re: loss of friend.  I am fine.  That other site sounds interesting and if you decide to use it, wishing the the very best.
13 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red,
I wish you luck in trying to quit smoking.
Personally, I am not a smoker, so I cannot offer any advice. I wish I could help.
Keep pushing forward.

:)

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red,

You can absolutely make use of both sites if you choose to quit smoking. Either way I highly recommend that continue to be an active member here at the Panic Center. You are a great presence on this site and have provided many with inspiration and insight about anxiety. As you said, you have made excellent progress. Continue to check in and keep us posted!

Samantha, Health Educator
Davit,
Thanks again for your support. I will be thinking of your matra as I work on this next challenage. I will let you know what I decide to do and if I move over to the site for smoking I will post it here on this site so you won't worry.  If I move over I will still be thinking about you all here and reading your posts.  I do still have anxiety and am agrophobic even though I am much better I am not all the way there yet and may never be.  Even so I am much happier and very grateful and thankful for all the progress I have made and for all the help and support you have all given me here.

Your friend,
Red
Samantha,
Thanks again. 
No I have not,  I am still having trouble leaving the house.  When I do get out I do enjoy it.  I did a lot of walking when I wasn't smoking it helped with my nerves and anxiety.    Exercise is a good stress reducer.   I do need to get out more to walk.  We'll see how it goes and I'll update you if there is any positive change.

Red
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,

Do check it out and know that we are always here to support you. Take all the time you need to figure out what will be best for you and if you need us for support, know that we are here. Take things one step at a time.

On another note, have you been heading outside to take walks? How have they been?

Samantha, Health Educator

Reading this thread: