Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Obsessive worrying

12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red:  Good suggestion from Hugs.  I used to read a lot, anything to take my mind off it.  Enter another world for awhile and visualize the book.  I good visualize the book as a movie, what kind of setting, the costumes, which actors I would pick to play the part.  It was creative and kept my mind busy.
You're doing well reviewing the sessions on worry, etc.  It's always interesting to see how we can pick up more info. the second and third time reading them.

Thinking of you,
Sunny

12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have started working the session on worrying and also rereading session one anxious thoughts again..It is a lot to take in but I think it is helping me get a clear perspective of what is going on with me right now..Now comes the hard part "patience"
I want to be well right now this very minute. I also know that this is unrealistic thinking, that it is going to take time and work on my part and most of all lots of patience with myself..There will be lots of small steps involved in reaching my goal..

I am glad I caught it before it snowballed and got more out of control...I think I can do this....

Red..
Hugs,
Thanks for the advice and support..It is really appreciated..

I had forgot all about the session on worrying. Thanks for reminding me..It is surprising how the mind seems to go blank when I get all caught up in the panic cycle..You idea of immersing myself in something I am passionate about it a good one too..I am going to give them both a try and see if giving my mind a little rest, breaks this cycle I find myself in..

Thanks for sharing your experience with me..

Red....

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red1,
I found immersing oneself in a passion changes the focus to something constructive, temporarily.

There's a section on worrying under the "toolbox", if you progress through the programme.  Good luck with it, and patience we help  you continue, as well as the facilitators and members.

Hoping you'll stay in touch
Now the second on part of the cycle..The nightmares..Waking up with my heart pounding..It is my constant worrying about a medical test I have coming up that's it doing. I am hoping that posting will help me calm down..It has before..This is one of those anxious and negative thoughts that is so hard to challenge. My Fear...My problem..I Hate this..

This is something I have real trouble with..Any ideas on how to stop, obssessive worrying?

Reading this thread: