Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Close to an Attack

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay Debora, Much better, good positive post. Like Vincenza says, just one positive a day will get you on your way.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 542 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes Vincenzia the second cup of coffee was a mistake today on top of not eating, I felt stronger and better after I ate and took my pill and did some box breathing. I do not know what got into me today? My nurse told me I could still conceive in peri-menopause and even if the occasion was very rare the last few months the fact that I am a week late it worries me! Pregnancy at my age would be a disaster, I do not know why these scary thoughts keep coming in my head? I try chasing them and then accepting them sometimes it helps, just hoping it was a bad day and tommorow will be better and calmer for me, my goal.

Oh Davit I am so sorry about you're hand! I feel bad about my complaining and you are going through pain! Did you cut you're hand? how did it happen?  I have gotten stitches, no fun, are you taking something for pain? That is rough about the blackout I hope you're power is back on, I guess you are ready for a nice long nap, that helps me, a couple hours of relief, I hope you are feeling better, I will try yelling at the symptoms, I hate them and they do NOT belong in my body!!

The good positive news is, and I know you like too hear this, is that after I ate and my pill I went grocery shopping and walked my dog, and even went to the video store to get a game for my son! farther than I have been in awhile, I am glad the evening was a little better than the day, I was able to function leave the house and get something done. I hope you're weather improves, we are going to have a cold front, and I am glad I am ready for brisk cool weather. I will try to be more assertive tommorow Davit and not let the thoughts and fears take hold like they did today. I want to go upwards and recover.
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deb,

Davit really knows how to tell it like it is!  I think he offered great reminders for all of us. 

If you think about this past month, what has best helped you control your thoughts and emotions?
Instead of having a cup of coffee, choose to have relaxing herbal teas..
Caffeine can definitely aggravate symptoms of chest discomfort, heart palpitations, jitters etc..
That can't be helpful when you are hoping to stay calm.

Continue working on turning your negatives into positives  - even if it's one each day- they add up and
are great reminders that you can look back on when you need a little lifting of spirit.

Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Debora.

Where is "assertive"? You should be saying "I will do this" or "I will not do this" Or "this happened but I am doing this for it because I will not put up with it." It won't go on it's own you have to make it go by not tolerating it. Try Tylenol, Topicals or what ever helps even your pill but don't sit waiting for it to go. Be assertive also. Tell the symptoms to get lost and over time they will listen to you. It is your body and you are the boss. If they won't get lost then ignore them since there is nothing else you can do but do not let them have the upper hand. I have a stitched up hand and a headache and plugged sinuses besides too little sleep since the power was out 13 hours due to high winds. I'm losing the day but I will be darned if I will make it worse by focusing on these things. I will drag my butt around till I'm too tired and then have a nap. I will not let how I feel have control. Even though right now it wants too. 

Davit.
12 years ago 0 542 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have gone over a month without a full-blown and I fear today that may end. I am as close to one as I ever have been today in the last month. I journaled, breathed, and trying to ward it off, I think I need to take my klonopin and eat that may help, I got up early today and had a second cup of coffee to get going {I know very stupid of me caffiene is not good} Pains in my left arm chest discomfort and a feeling of doom or something! I have only drank one cup of coffee a day, could one little second cup do this too me? All those horrible feelings are coming back, and I am so fearful if they start they will not go away again, I know Christmas is coming and I must get healthy, holidays can be stressful for all people and I think especially for people like me who are so prone to anxiety and panic. Just when you think you are turning a corner? it returns like this.

Trying to distract and focus on other things, my monthly is delayed and I am worried something is wrong, pregnancy, tumor etc.....a pregnancy at my age would be a disaster! Why am I thinking pregnancy? how strange? I guess the fear does begate fear. I have worked and prayed so very hard to come this far and I so do not want to go back. Hope just a bad day........

Reading this thread: