Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Panic

13 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,
thanks for sharing your experience. I hope the distraction was useful and you somehow got some rest. Are doing it cold turkey or are you lessening one at a time? Here with you and keep venting. 

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

One of the things that really helped to dispel panic attacks was to write down how I felt and what was happening at the time. I wanted to show people what was happening so they could know if they were having a real attack or just a night mare. Twice I tried it. Once in my blog and once in forum. Neither time did I manage to write the whole sequence before it was gone. I think you are at that point where you could do that. If you don't mind writing something that might be embarrassing. If you do manage the full sequence it will also show every one reading this what a panic attack really is. I doubt that you can hold the panic long enough to get it all down. It is worth a try.

Davit, 

PS. I am taking Cloxacillin again and in the past I got panic attacks from it, or it made them worse. I may beat you to posting one. I wonder how many people think I am dumb for wanting to induce a panic attack so I can post it. It is a sign of how confident I am that I can handle the effects of one. 
13 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hope you are okay and were able to rest a bit later in the day. Thinking of you!!
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,

We are here for you, I hope that posting help you calm down and distract yourself from your nightmare. Hope you are having a better day today.

Check in and let us know how it goes.

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red:  Hope your day goes o.k.  Sorry you had a bad night.  Take all the rest you need and drink lots of liquids.  (I sound like a mother here).  Rooting for you and saying a prayer too.
13 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The time here is 3:35 am not 6:35 am . This is the correct time of my previous post.

Red
13 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am  up again with panic and stress nightmares.  Heart pounding etc.  I guess it is from the withdrawal.  I am doing better now that I got up out of bed.  I hate the panic nightmares.  My heart is still pounding.   I will stay up until it gets better.  I thought I would post here on line to get my mind off of it.  Kind of like a distraction.  You do not need to respond this posting is just a distraction for me. I am seeing if it helps with my panic.   It is still there but not as bad as it was. 

Reading this thread: