Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

face the fear

17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Thanks Vale for that article ([i]vale la pena[/i] = it's worth) reading it. I tried to focus and I really felt dizzy and my legs felt weak but perhaps it is training. The guy is right with giving up, let things happen. Perhaps that is why we all have difficulties, I suppose we are all in some way people who can manage each and everything on our own (at least before that attacks came) and the panik attacks don't allow that. We are fighting and the more we fight the worse it becomes. As to craziness. I love to be called crazy because always follow the mainstream do what others expect from you is deadly boring.
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ellen, How did you do? Let us help. Danielle _________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ellen here I am going to try to do what you said & see waht hapens. I am siting at my desk now & have the feeling of anxiety & wsoruyy like a castrophe, so I just going to let it happen & see if it does go away
18 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dee,hi Angel sorry I haven't replied before, but I've been really well and, well, you know, when you feel alright you try not to think about this stuff. I'm reeeally glad that my name makes you feel better! I know, persistence is the key. You can't expect that a panic disorder will disappear from one moment to another, but, with time, every time you challenge it, its power will shrink. You know that already, as just by not being afraid of it, you feel better and more in control. And, just remind yourself, while you're feeling the fear coming, that 'YOU' are in control of it, you are creating it and it will do what you want it to do. It will go as far as you make it go. Let it go, that's your most powerful weapon. Allow it to happen, what's the worst thing that can happen, i often ask myself? I hate living with this fear, if I really go insane, well, my life will be much easier! Let's go then! When I think I might be dying, right here and now, well, since i can't live a decent life with constant fear, let's die! It just does not happen... we won't go insane, we haven't till now, and we won't die from it! Continue not to be afraid, challenge the fear and you'll be free of it. Lots of love to you all.
18 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI vale. Thanks for your post.....wow thats pretty powerful stuff. I guess its hard for us to view this panic from 'the other side of fear.' I'm so blinded by this fear that i dont' know which side i'm on haha. Anyhow, i am gona try this. I copied and pasted ur info, so that i always have it. I'm gonna try really hard to just 'let it happen.' I just find it sooooooooooooooooo hard. because i'm sooooooooooo afraid of it. So i cannot seem to just let is happen. But i'm working on it! thanks so much for your inspiration! bye
18 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
oh by the way vale.....i went to a pschologist for years who told me to concentrate on good stuff to visualize a place of comfort etc etc she told me to pick a word like "calm" or "peace" etc when the feeling came on.. after i read you long post....hahaha now i use the word "vale" its cut off about 5-10 min of the attack. just knowing you have a plan that may work gives me hope!
hay Vale, Iv'e been trying your method,, so far it doesn't get WORSE but it wont go away! ie; i feel it coming...nervous, vision a bit blurred i say "go ahead do your thing!" it doesn;t get worse but it wont go away? it just holds it own...on the edge.i will not give up. just wondered what you thought? i am sooooooooooooooooooo tired of this.
18 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lulu and Dee, try it out, it works. You've already noticed that when you try, really hard to have one, it doesn't come, does it? It will take time, but stick with it, every time, face it...the template in your brain that says that you're scared will gradually disappear, and you'll notice immediately an improvement in the gravity of the attack. I haven't invented this technique, a guy has written it on the web, and, I've tried it. I myself had few attacks when I ws 17, then learned, by myself, without the help of a doctor, to stop them before they got to me, and have been free of them for 12 years. Now i'm having a stressful time and had 2, but I'm already relearning to recognise them and not fear them. I'm sorry to hear about your dad, that's just not fair.I think the main problem is accepting ourselves and like ourselves, with and without anxiety. i read a marvellous book ages ago that said that actually we have something special, that laid back people don't have, we are sensitive to everyone and everything around us, and, if sometimes this can be bad, most of the time is a gift, we can live more lives in one. Lots of love Dee and Lulu,you'll come out of wherever you are, and I will too, the sun will be shining on our skin and there'll be no clouds as far as the eye can see. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Vale: I read your messages. I did try to have an attack and it wouldn't come, I am going to try it your way as nothing else has worked yet. The Dr. gave my dad 3 months to live, i feel like the anxiety is getting worse this week. Because I relate my dads death notice with the death of my 7 year old son, having alittle trouble with the daily 9 to 5 grind if you know what i mean. I need out of this cycle. the tail wagging the dog crap. i will try it your way. I have nothing to lose. and tne to gain . 5 years free of anxiety? really, really?????? wow , how lucky, i wish i were you.
18 years ago 0 295 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for taking the time to post this i have printed it out and i will carry it with me so when i feel edgy i can read it.And its true i fear the fear of the feeling.Thanks again. Lulu..

Reading this thread: