Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Introduction

10 years ago 0 11221 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

Glad you have found us. Have you had a chance to check out the program yet?

I can't comment on the medication but I think it's great you are really doing your research  on it before making any decisions.

Hope to hear from you again soon.

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You might want to look up acupressure points for anxiety, some of them are in weird places. Qi gong is a form of exercise and pressure point stimulation. Most of it can be done sitting too. DVD is about an hour. Libraries usually have it.
Hope you are not paying that therapist.

Davit.
10 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i am in no way an expert…. i have been "helping myself" by doing the following religiously:
clean diet..no fried food, dairy(hormones), sugars, caffeine or alcohol
I practice deep stomach breathing ( i guess you could call it meditating) with relaxing music every morning before getting out of bed.
finding an activity that i enjoy and DOING IT..no excuses

im not cured of my anxiety but I am not having all out panic attacks like i did…its in there just under the surface but i am learning to control it.

This may sound silly to some, but there is a herbalist in town ( the healing Hallow)  she makes "potions" for all sorts of stuff.  I have been visiting her and taking her "spirit of the rockies"…its for a calming.  I just rub it on my feet twice a day.  i can't say for sure it is working…but since i have been using it , my panic level and frequency and certantly lowered.
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome.

What are you going to do if you decide you don't want to take it any more. It does have known anti anxiety products in it. but in the long run will be no better than prescription meds. Without it the anxiety will still be there because although both meds and OTC meds calm you, they in no way can change your thought patterns. CBT reduces or eliminates anxiety so there is a reduced need for these chemicals. It can get you back to where you produce enough you don't need supplementation. I take nothing anymore. We don't get addicted, that is a chemical change. We get dependant and you can get just as dependant on OTCs. You will either have to live with the dependance or do CBT to break it. 
Medications of any sort are okay as an adjunct to a good CBT program but are at best only a bandaid. Anxiety and panic need a reason to be there. That you must fix if you really want to be free.

Davit

10 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Greetings from Los Angeles, California.

I am a 46-year-old male who has battled severe anxiety for several years now. I am wondering right off the bat if anyone here has taken the OTC supplement "Tranquilene?" If so, has it helped calm the nerves each day?

I will be in here off and on throughout the week as I am trying to beat this without prescription meds.

Thanks!

Reading this thread: