Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

Interducing myself

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the site Joe.  There's always someone here to listen and respond.  Post whenever and whatever.  We are here for you.
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome joe

Feels good to know we are here for you hey. And we are, anything we can do to help, just ask.

Davit.

13 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cleo,
My   avatar is my pet duck. She passed a few years ago. I loved that duck, I miss her. She always put a smile on my face when I got home from work. I am an animal lover.
I have started the program. I am starting my homework. Because I have a touch of OCD, it is very difficult for me to not obsess on the thoughts. My adrenalin is going all day at this point. That is causing a lot of uncomfortable thoughts.
But the program, and you guys, are making me realize its all  just the heighten sense of anxiety. Because of the OCD, when I'm feeling good, I notice it, and start with the uncomfortable thoughts of loosing control, or going crazy. What a pain in the ass this is! I'm trying to start up my contracting business and this comes back to make things that more challenging for me. I'm trying to get through this without meds. I was on Paxil for 5 years and it worked really well... But I hate the side affects.
Thank you for your support, and if there is anything I can do for you, I'll be here for you.

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Joe,
Having a long history with anxiety/panic....I can relate to the morning panic sessions...I still experience them...  even though I blame them on "dreams"....  I feel their  effects all day. Have you started this program? Are you at the questioning negative thoughts yet? That has helped me unbelievably... I don't think its the norm to get back to "normal "    after a panic attack....its the cycle..fear of fear...keep us in that high anxiety state...therefore open to yet more anxiety and panic.
What does your avatar represent? I see a duck with Snow?  We are here   for  eachother
Cleo
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Joe,

You are not the only one who has panic attacks that wake them up at night and last all day.  If you search through some of the old posts you will find my posts there about anxiety/panic waking me from my sleep.  I have posted in the wee hours of the morning as a distraction from the anxiety/panic attacks and it has helped me. You can also use your blog as a distraction if you prefer.  May be I'll see you around 3 or 4 am. Better yet we will both get a peaceful nights.  I due sleep better now that I have been in the program for a while. Like 5 or 6 hrs a night and sometimes I get 8 which is wonderful. One thing I have noticed that if I get more sleep I do not feel as much anxiety when I wake up and sometimes none at all, and I have less anxiety during the day.  Don't give up it does get better with time. 

Red
13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Joe! 

We are here for you.  I began not long ago and felt relief even after Session 1.  I was like you and Teebs with random attacks (during stressful periods of my life).  When my daughter left for college, two years ago, I had bad ones and I couldn't live like that anymore.  Thank God I found this site.  You will get so much support from everyone here and will make a lot of friends.  I know you will be able to beat this.  It's learned behavior and you can unlearn it and be cured.  We all go at our own pace and progress, so don't compare yourself to anyone.  You will do it in your time.  I am happy you are here, this is the place to be! 
13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joe -

You're definitely not alone. I've dealt with panic attacks on and off throughout my life too. I had been mostly panic free for years until about a year and a half ago, and since then I've had some major ups and downs. During my worst bad spells I too feel like I'm fighting off panic attacks all day. The best thing to do is just tell yourself that it won't stay that way forever - you will improve! Also that panic attacks, as miserable as they are, won't physically hurt you.

I'm working through the program right now in hopes that it will help me find a more long term solution. Keep posting on the forum - I've found that support from other members is one of the biggest helps!

Teebs
13 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Wendy! It helps just knowing I'm not alone in this. 
13 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joe,

Welcome to our support community and thanks for introducing yourself.  Wendy has the right idea!  Work through the program slowly and get to know exactly what is going on.  Take the test and show your doctor, it can help better assess the situation for you both.

The program also has a great exposure session and it can really help.  Your positive attitude will help you through.  Look for support from the members, they do know what you are going through and can be of great assistance to you.

Josie, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Joe! Welcome! I'm sorry your attacks are back  My attacks seem like they last all day too. You're not alone. I just started doing the program and it is working a little bit. Just stay strong, we're here for ya 

**Wendy**

Reading this thread: