Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

Supporting each other - Today

13 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Evening Red,
Today was a nice day for me. I got a lot of chores done and did some music and cooked. I enjoyed my calm day. Haven't been anxious yet. 

13 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Everybody,

I want to extend my hand in friendship and support to all our members both old and new today.  Please take my hand and extend your hand to the next member in line and tell us a little about yourself or how you have been doing if you like to this morning.

Red
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Valerie

Even though we all seem different the cure is still the same. We are all fighting the same problem only in a different form. What is working for others will work for you also. You can take heart in knowing that you too can get the same progress.

Davit
14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Valerie,
Doing one day, hour, minute at a time, is a good concept, and like you said, pretty much what we have to do. It takes so much patience but the small steps all add up. I feel that everyone is different from me too and I had a hard time to accept that, I still do, but I'm learning to accept it, because we are all unique and come from many different paths. It's just nice to find people who have a little more things that are common with me. Best wishes. 

14 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good evening everybody. I hope you have all had a good day. I have managed to keep most of my day under control but it is a fight. Leg is hurting some and I fear a bit swollen above my ankle. But then again my legs swell through the day (something else I worry about often). As lay in bed, my mind drifts and starts to worry. I am trying to rationalize my thoughts and not focus on intermittent pain, but it is difficult. I am trying to sleep without a xanax tonight. Even though it helps me go to sleep, it seems I don't sleep more than 2 hours without waking. Its a cycle. I continue to read your posts as well as posts on other sites. I think, wow, everybody is going through something similar, and some very close to what I feel. But then my mind wonders to, but it isn't the same as me. My situation is different. I know, again, this is just me trying to validate what is happening in my mind. Its a struggle. I do one day, hour, minute at a time. What else can I do?
14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone,

It has been great to read about your long weekend events. I am glad to hear that you all were able to enjoy the weather and your easter festivities. 

How will you benefit from these wonderful weekend experiences? How will you ensure that you remember these fond moments?

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Everyone!!
I want to extend my hand in friendship and support to all our members both old and new today.  Pull up a chair grab a cup of coffee or tea and tell us a little bit about yourself when you are ready.  We are wonderful group of caring people, supporting each on this journey through life.

You are not alone in this. We are here and listening.

Red
14 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wonderful to read about everyone's happy and successful Easter day.   I had family come over but they did all the work (except I got to hide the eggs for the little ones - fun).  They made me lie down twice, before dinner and after when they all went to the park and brought the dog too. 
Ashley:  I'm going to hide something for my dog next time, it sounds like fun.  We often play hide and seek in the house or at the park.  I make her sit in the kitchen, then hide somewhere, and tap a couple of times.  Sometimes I can peek and watch her looking and standing still waiting for another sound, but of course, she always finds me.
14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit, Ashley, Valerie and everyone else who posted today.

I had a good day today and enjoyed reading all your posts when I got home this evening.  You are all like family to me and I am glad to be home.  

Valerie, I am happy to hear that you are doing better today.

Ashley,  Your dinner sounds lovely and watching the dogs search for their meat balls must of a been a riot.

Davit, I love your picture of the pond with the geese and ducks.  I feel like I am there when I look at it.  I love your story about the Mama goose sitting on her eggs and the grass turning the ground green.  It really sounds like heaven on earth a beautiful green meadow. Thank you for posting this picture and for your lovely story to go with it.

This has been a lovely Easter with family and friends.  I feel truely blessed.

Red

14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Valerie

You are probably right about being over weight contributing. I used to be fifty pounds heavier than I am and I am still over weight a bit and it still bothers me a bit. But I am fifty nine so I don't care as much. My solution to the weight problem was to find foods that I liked that were nutritious and good tasting with few calories and NOT labelled diet. I knew that when I was nervous I would eat and I still do. I didn't try to diet but I did notice when the cloths got loose and it made me smile. I also started to drink more fluids, water and tea without much sugar. Also there are foods that are appetite suppressants. An apple before a meal will kill the craving. It is full of pectin, a kind of fibre. Celery has little food value even if you put low fat cheese on it. 
Seeing a therapist more than once a week or every two weeks is probably enough. Writing down how you feel between sessions for your therapist will help your therapist a lot and save you time and money. You will know when you are getting better because just writing and reading what you wrote will be as good as the session.
I am not seeing my therapist any more even though it is free but I am communicating by Email and there is always the option of going if I find it necessary. This may be a unique situation but then I have a unique therapist. 
I wish you luck and remember, never give up, it will get better.

Davit.

Reading this thread: