Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

new to this

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Colleen,

It is great to hear from you and it is really great to hear that you have been doing so well with panic. Please do check in often!

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Afternoon,

It has been a month since I last posted.  Everything is going great.  I have been panic free for one month knock on wood..We even took a trip in which we drove and everything was all good. I sure hope that my panic is behind me now..

Take Care
Colleen
I think I will be okay.

I think I have been harder on myself then anyone else.  I have disappointed myself.  I know whats right, but I chose to look the other way.  No one can run my life....Its mine....I just needed a reality check.  Get back in touch so they say.  We all need to remember to fight our own battles. We cant hide behind others.  We need to do this on our own, in order to have that power.  I hope that make sense. Being powerless means losing control. PANIC is the fear of no control. Believe in yourself and take control because we are powerless until we do.

Colleen

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's a great relection Colleen!

Yes it may have took long to formulate your response, as long as you "got it" in the end, this was beneficial for you.
Having reflected on this you can hopefully see things with a bit more clarity and continue on your way in the right direction.

Having done this, how do you feel about dealing with future situations?

Samantha, Health Educator
Thats a good question,

Since I started this program and started to post my fears, and how I have overcome some in the past has been a wake up call.  I have gone back many times and reread my own posts and I couldn't believe that was me.  What I have done in the past to challenge my fears and how I had conquered them was surprising to myself.  I guess I lost myself for awhile.  I asked myself what is different now from then.  I think I had self pity and low self esteem.  Maybe even bordering depression.  As my spirits have been lifting so has my attitude about the way I react to things.  For every new problem there is always a answer,  I plan on addressing my issues and not them them build up inside of me.  Stay positive and strong.

This took me 25 minutes to type. This gave my brain a workout.  WOW I think I got it.....

Colleen
14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amazing Colleen! 

If another situation arises how would you handle it differently exactly?  How would you feel differently?

Ashley, Health Educator
What a great day...

I went in to work today for the first time in a long time with no anxiety.  It was beyond great.....From now on I'm not going to hide my feelings nor allow myself to coward in a corner by fear.  What a good start in me first few steps.

So happy..
Colleen
14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Colleen thank you right back!  But I wanted to point out that it wasn't me at all.  I simply asked question and it was YOU that pushed yourself to do this.  You motivated yourself and came to realizations.  So you deserve all the credit

Definitely keep us updated! 

Ashley, Health Educator
Ashley,

I would like to THANK YOU for your support.  You gave me that push to carry this through.  I will keep you posted on the ongoings.  Tomorrow I go back to work and face my boss with confidence and not fear.  I cant fully describe how this feels.  All I can say is it feels GREAT....

Colleen
14 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Colleen,
I just wanted to say I'm proud of what you did, and the courage it took to confront the situation head-on. You're absolutely right that you should have done this long ago.  Have a great day.  I think things will start changing for you for the better as a big weight has been lifted off your back, right? Take care, Don

Reading this thread: