Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

hi all am i ok

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Claire, Thank you for responding. If you're looking for support, you've come to the right place. We are always here to see you through. Don't feel like a failure. If taking medication allows you to do the emotional work and get better, that's a good thing! Keep us posted on how you're doing. Danielle ______________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Claire well you came to the right place here for support. We can all sympathize with you here. We know what you are going through and how bad it can get. We also know that all the little successes are very importnat and will all be very happy to cheer you on! I personnally can sympathize with you. I have been dealing on and off with Generalized anxiety disorder and Panic attacks among other things for over 15 years. I was doing very well till lately. Last december i had a relapse and i have been working my way out of it since. But i notice little positive changes here and there in my life. I see a therapist and i have been working the program here since i joined on the 8th. Hang in there it will get better and you will get back to feeling like yourself. As for the meds thing, dont beat yourself up. I had funtionned for years without meds and now i am back on them. I struggled with this too at first. But now the way i see it is that i am just helping my body gain back its equilibrium until i can get my life back to where i want to be. If i was taking insuline to help with my blood sugar equilibrium i wouldnt feel ashamed, so there is no need to feel ashamed here either. I hope you will not be so hard on yourself. Anyway, welcome Claire and you have come to the right place to ask questions, get support and some hearfelt cheering for your sucessses :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi yes i have been diagnosed with panic attacks from my doctor and im on medication for them, i had gone from 2 tablets down to 1 in almost 5 years and now in back on 2 this has made me feel like im a failer, i did so well not needing them. i never knew about this site and im very happy to see that im not the only one feeling like this. when i see my doctor i feel that i dont get much support and you can only have a 10 min appointment and im rushed out. i feel that i need support like this site.
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Clairew12, Have you ever been formally diagnosed with panic disorder? If not, please take advantage of our panic test, print it off, take it to your doctor and he/she will be able to direct you towards additional ressources that may be helpful to you. Also be sure to take advantage of our CBT program. It will teach you about panic disorder and your panic cycle. Please keep us posted on how you're doing. Danielle ____________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi im claire and i have had panic attacks almost all my life im 30. when i was 20 i went to the doctors thinkin i was going mad in my garden. the doctor said it was postnatial depression. but i dident feel depressed. i realised that it was panic attacks that i was having. for the past year and a half i have been free from attacks but on tuesday thay came on again. i keep telling my self it has happend now just move on but im scared it will come back again and i feel all the hard work i put in has started at the begin again. am i ok and im scared

Reading this thread: