Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Wish me luck

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shadowkins,

I hope that it has helped to write this all down, it sounds like you have been making an effort to do your homework and using relaxation techniques to help calm yourself down. I would recommend that you pay particular attention to the "Challenging Negativity" section of the Panic Program, it will help you learn how to challenge those negative thoughts. Keep in mind to challenge one specific situation at a time.

No need to apologize for ranting, you can always express yourself here and write as much as you need to. 

Check in soon!

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks again, guys,
Sunny,
Yes , they sure do! Yesterday was a bad one I'm afraid...even with all the things we did...I ended up a basket case.
I did take a .5mg last night just so I could relax and sleep. I'm a bit disappointed in a sense that I did but on the other hand I think maybe I should have tapered off over time...like one every other day or something. Stopping cold like that didn't do me any good. I have to stop thinking that I am disappointing people , I only end up hurting myself.
After the cake at grandma's my son and I went to get him some new boots for his summer job...so going out and about had never been an issue with me, well not so far anyway!
Today I'm still edgy but can cope so far.

Davit,

Well I'm glad I didn't seem too snarky! I have been doing my work, writing things down, relaxation cd's, breathing etc. but yesterday nothing seemed to calm me down.
You said awhile back that I was going too fast, maybe this is the case....I'm just so darned confused now ,I don't know which way to turn and I wonder if alot of it has to do with my sore hip, it does get a person down after awhile.
I did send  a letter to my surgeon , letting him know what had transpired and getting his input as to when the surgery should be done. At least that is a step in the right direction.
I've tried the 10 questions and either I'm not doing it right or something ,I always seem to get hung up on them.
Ex: When it asks is it true? What that I feel like I can't stand myself in my own skin? Yes, it's true.
and so on. I wish you guys were here to help me through that part cause I just don't get it.

Funny, when I was just taking 0.5 mg , I felt like I was doing some progress ...every day I went through my stuff did the exercises and so on, I was very proud of myself. Now it seems like it was just an illusion after all...it wasn't me getting better it was the meds doing their job.
My Dr. did tell me to let him know how things had gone and that trying it over the weekend was a good time. To call him at any time .  So I will .

I am sorry about the rant...I'm either hot or cold ...sheeeeesh I hate that.

Shadowkins
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi shadowkins.

There always has to be a cause for the physical sensations. The fact that it makes you mad and that you were upset when you posted tells me that you are fighting very hard to keep it buried. And it seems that you are doing a very good job. I have said this many times. You don't have to know the cause or the triggers. All you need right now is relaxation and coping skills so you can live with these unwanted sensations. I guarantee just these two things can make them go away. Once you can do this you can look for the cause or reason for them and work on getting rid of it. Can you try this for a while and see if it helps you. Try the ten questions that has helped Red so much. We want you better we really do.

Your friend 
Davit
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shadowkins:  know exactly what you mean.  If those darn physical sensations would go away, then you wouldn't worry so much.  It meant that there was something wrong with my physical body. That's how I used to think.  I didn't fear going out, even if I was nervous, I always managed to get out.  I did avoid the busiest roads at one point, but if I had to use the high traffic ones, I still did it but really felt the anxiety go way up and was exhausted afterwards and mad at myself for feeling like "that".  Those feelings ate away at my confidence. 
Shadowkins

Never noticed, after all you are supposed to let it out. The good, the bad and the ugly, let it go, you will feel better.
We understand what it is like to be human. This is a group of equal individuals. We are one. And you are a part of that one. 

Here for you always.
Davit.

PS. hot tired and need a shower but have two big projects done and four little ones. Still have a couple of big projects and a couple of little ones. Getting there, but more keep showing up.
Thanks Anerol, for your support...I know no matter what you guys will support me and it's appreciated.
Sorry , my last post...I was a bit testy when I posted....just one of those days.
13 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi Shadowkins, wishing you luck.
you're doing great! happy mother's day. 

I am tackling it the best way I can. I don't have issues about going out or anything like that, I don't care if I embarasse myself or not....I just want these intense physical sensations to ease a bit and give me a break, that's all.
I'll get there someday , I know.
13 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,
I knew you could do.  I am so proud of you!! 

Red
One down, starting on the next right after I have a cup of tea. Picking an easy chore this time. Hot today, next chore is indoors.

Davit.

Reading this thread: