Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

Really scared to be home alone

6 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anxiety feeling..Make an option and try to contact your friend for a sleepover.
7 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rosecola,

I replied to you in another thread suggesting you take a look at the section on challenging negativity and relaxation to get started on working on this fear. The hospital is always a viable option if you feel you need  it. You can also try calling your local crisis line as they will have trained individuals you can speak to about how you are feeling.

How are you managing now?
Ashley, Health Educator
7 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is a new fear for me, but has developed quite quickly. Home used to be my safe place but recently I've started having panic attacks when no one is home. My family is going on a trip so I will be housesitting starting today for the next week. And I already am feeling terror. Last time I had one at home I was so panicked that I couldn't even think clearly and was shaking so bad all I could do was lay on the floor and cry. I also kept fighting with myself over calling 911 but I knew that this is only anxiety. This happens every time I'm home alone now. I'm so freaked out that my family will be gone for a week because I don't know what to do or who to call. I'm just so scared. Should I actually consider going to a hospital if it gets that bad again? 

Reading this thread: