Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,487 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd

Earthquakes

13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Debi,
How about posting that poem on your profile, where we can share your kindness for pets...it's touching and I'll remember it for any friends who lose their pets.  I live in a large city, and even the conservative church parishes have the pets blessed by ministers around a particular part of the year...thank you - i'll sleep a little sounder with that prayer
13 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Hugs,

It was a very painful experiance, i have not lost a pet as an adult and for 15 years, it was like a sadness i could not shake and just kept crying for days, my heart was aching, it felt like someone twisting a knife in it. And then something happened that gave me comfort, three days after she died i posted the poem Rainbow Bridge on my facebook and told a friend that i hoped thats where she was (rainbow bridge is a poem about a beautiful place pets go when they die) the next day i was at work and could not get the work bank to balance at the end of the year (2010) so i went back and checked the statement from six months earlier to 30/06/10 and on that day we had received a payment from a Mcdonalds restaurant with the company name Rainbow Bridge the 30/06/10 was also the same day as my grandfather passed away many years earlier so i felt this was a sign that she was trying to tell me she is ok, after that i was able to get a grip on things and started to feel a little better, i truly believe there is something more than just the life we have now.

Your Friend Debi
Thanks Davit,

So Debi,
What was it  like losing your close friend Molly?
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs4U

Is not was. Some times it is work. You become friends because you have something in common. You become friends because your friend is there for you when you need them. And you had better be willing to be there for them even if some times you would rather do something else. You don't become friends because you can get something out of it. That is only part of it, You become friends because you have something to contribute. All of these things added together make what friends are. Friends care for each other. Friends know when to help and when to leave you alone. Friends ask, never presume. But biggest of all friends love you for who you are, not what you are. They are proud of what you are. And best of all friends can be either gender and any age. No restrictions on who can be a real friend. Friends are terrific. And some times friends turn into more than friends. It is hard to explain, but I would put my true friends before me.

Here for you,
Davit.
What was it like having close friend?
Hi Davit,

This is my beautiful minature poodle Molly, i lost her a month ago after 15 years, she was such a gentle loving dog, i love her and still miss her everyday.

Yoyr friend Debi
Hi Davit,

This is my beautiful minature poodle Molly, i lost her a month ago after 15 years, she was such a gentle loving dog, i love her and still miss her everyday.

Yoyr friend Debi
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs4U

I have no trouble feeling sad and compassionate, even though a lot of the time we do this to ourselves by building in known hazardous areas. Like the sides of mountains and flood plains. And we know it by the amount of time spent in disaster preparedness. I live between two mountain ranges and my house sits on sand. Luckily not wet sand or during a quake it could just disappear. I have friends who live on river bottom flood plain. The house is high enough but the out buildings and animals could be in trouble. The buildings are there because they are handy. Same with big cities, they are there because that is where the people want them.

Debi,

You are right, for some of us all we can do is say a prayer for them. My heart goes to those who are there because they have no choice.

Nice dog, can I ask what kind?

Here for you,
Davit.

I share the need to be compassionate, within limits.
One year, during my annual 40 day religious abstinence, I gave up watching tv.  I missed an entire war, in the Gulf, in approximately 1990-1. Although I missed something historical, I probably was a better person for not being glued to a tv, like others.  I also felt mentally clear afterwards, and just didn't have this information to discuss at work with colleagues.
It's hard to have reach that mental clarity now, with the advent of computers.

thats great that you did not have any dreams M and that you were able to sit and listen this is a good exposure for you and you have done it so a pat on the back for you.

It is very horrible what has happened in Japan, Australia floods and New Zealand, but we can not change it or fight mother nature all we can do is say a prayer for these poor people and hope that many people, survive disasters happen everyday by you stopping your life will not help anyone over there and it will make you feel worse you just look after yourself, keep moving forward and say a prayer for them.
Your Friend Debi

Reading this thread: