Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

getting out in crowds

13 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,
I loved reading your post.  Pleasant, peaceful, positive, rewarding and dreaming of the future.  This is a great accomplishment.  Reading this was a perfect way to end and start my day.  Thanks for sharing.

Your friend,
Red
13 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit and Red, thanks for sharing your great accomplishments. It's nice to prove ourselves wrong when we doubt ourselves. Great work. 
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is going to seem stupid but I did what I do to rest my mind. I got on a tractor and did some work. It's not particularly hard but it is time consuming and there is that feeling of accomplishment after. (as long as nothing breaks) A little like a Sunday drive but slower and cheaper. I have a couple of acres to play on, nothing planted in it, just weeds. It is going to be dear meadow when I'm done and I hope to have a small Gazebo overlooking it. Tomorrow when I ache I can design it. I have a CAD program in this computer that hasn't been used in a while. The hospital has a nice one and I want to see if it is six side or eight.

Davit, Living dangerous by dreaming the future.
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good going guys!  Rest up today.
I so  agree with the statement that a person should not let the little annoyances in life get to them or the negative rushes in . I  needed that reminder today. Thanks
Cleo
Yesterdays exposure went well and of course I am tired today, not enough sleep last night.  I am going to have to rest today that will be my reward.  After all I have done a lot of exposure this week and I have also been out exerciseing ever day this week. So today I am going to let my self rest and not feel guilty about.  This what I need today, Rest.

Red
13 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red and Davit,
You two should indeed be proud of yourselves.  Frustrations aside, look at what you accomplished.  Seriously!  The sheer fact that you both tackled it and went is HUGE.  Celebrate!  You have totally earned it.  
Davit, having to go through extra stress like that and you still came out on top.  Red, you found ways to cope (sure you went outside a lot, but you went back inside!)
You are both inspirations.

Red

I am proud of you too. Some times you just have to do it. I'm tired. Today was one of those days when things just did not go as planned. We only got about half what I wanted done but that is Ok at least we got the main things done. I get tired out just following this guy around. I would get depressed if I let myself because I used to be even better than he is. I'm still more mechanically skilled so I spent most of my time putting things back together when they came apart on him. He is willing though which some are not and his cost is good. I'm resigned to the fact that right now this is the only way I can do what I want to. A person has to be careful not to let little annoyances get to them or the negative rushes in. Six months from now it will snow and cover it all up anyway. Hope it doesn't freeze tonight, if it does I can at least say I have done all I could.

Davit, stumbling through life and accepting it.
Davit,
I just got back and read your post.  I am sorry to hear that things didn't like you wanted.  It had to be really hard looking for someone in the crowd.  Especially when you have a hard time getting around and probably had to deal with your physical pain also. I can see where it would be really annoying.  I would of probably started screaming and have before.  You didn't say you started screaming so that is a good thing and you did get out for a while.  I am sorry you had to be looking for and tending to your helper.  Well as for me it went pretty well. They had disabled parking. I did have to go outside quite a few times.  I did get really tired.  I enjoyed looking at the sewing machines and sat down at one and ran it a for a few minutes, went out side when it got to be to much and came back in and ran it again two more times.  I think I have found the machine I want.  The owner showed me how to run the machine and I may go to his shop next week.  It is about a hour from my house so that will be another exposure day.  So all in all I think I did good, I was able to do what I wanted to and go to the show. The most important thing is I won and the Agoraphobia didn't.  You also won today and I think you should be very proud of yourself.  Thats what really counts.  I am  really proud of myself thats for sure.

Red
13 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
AWESOME survival!!!  Good job!

Just before going to the sale I got a call from my worker. I was to pick him up there so we could work at my place. We didn't have a specific place to meet, so I had to work the crowds looking for him. We kept missing each other. Any way we are at my place now. I was getting a little annoyed in the crowd and there is no disabled parking. I have to talk to them about that.

I survived,

Davit.

Reading this thread: