Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Exposure Driving

14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's amazing Lance.

What happened with you was not your fault.  The panic/depression was not/is not who you are.  Who you are someone who is strong and fighting to reach his goals despite all the obstacles that would have brought many others to their knees.  Not you Lance!  You are a fighter and it really is inspirational to see how great you are doing!

We all can be hard on ourselves sometimes but you have a lot to be proud of so be easy on yourself for awhile!

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

The changes make me feel good.  The feeling of taking some control over your situation is great.

Having a sense of pride back in your existance is a wonderful feeling all in itself and feeling like good things may come your way again is great as well.

Still at times I beat myself up as would come from others, wife etc. since many dont understand how I bacame as bad as I was. For years I was the rock and I became utterly helpless. But I'm no longer trying to fix the past. I work on today, do the best I can and hope for a brighter tomorrow.       ( forgot all the cool characters! )

14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Lance! 

That is a huge step!  I cannot believe how amazing you are doing!  You are accomplishing so much and really pushing yourself.  I hope you realize how big of a deal all your changes are.  They are huge!  We are so proud of you!  You are such a strong person Lance; this is just the beginning!

How does it feel knowing that all these changes are happening in your life? 

If you and your doctor think cutting back on the drug is a good idea then that is great.  Keep a close eye on your moods and keep talking with your doctor.  But it sounds to me like you are doing fantastic! 

Keep posting! 

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Well Im doing it, driving! Not much, only a couple miles to the store and drives around the block, but I made a choice, Got insurance, went and got my car and making an effort. I could and should ( just was taught not to use should ) be doing more of it but at least its a step in yhe right direction. I still wish I knew how I drove for 30 years, everywhere and now im back to this. I have taken many positive steps to reach this point. 1. Diet, 2. Good vitamins/supplements, 3. No soda/coffee, 4. Excercise, (working out at the gym 3 days a week, 5. Attitude ( changing that! ) 6. Education ( learning all I can) 7. Willingness. 8. Quit smoking.

I must move forward and get on with my life. I was at a very bad point, not very long ago. I trying hard to move forward. My new thing I talked over with my PDoc the other day was weaning of one of my meds, an antidepressant, Mirtazapine. It makes me very groggy and hard to wake uo in the morning. So a little aprehensive about it with quitting smoking and the blahs from that, but I just plain dont like the meds so am giving it a try. Im so happy I found these sites as they have helped me a great deal. The Health Educators are wonderful. Will give a mention in my next stop, Gratitude log. I feel there is a lot to our issues we dont even think of, maybe were worn down, beat up or whatever, but some life restructuring and education can make all the difference> Have a super day! Lance

Reading this thread: