Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,519 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

A poem for courage in exposure

12 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,

I am glad you enjoyed it..

You have accomplished some much today. Not to mention all the seeds of hope that you plant here in the forum everyday. 
I enjoyed reading and hearing about your glorious day working your land.

Now its time to rest and watch the birds dancing around on the ground and in the trees..and of course a nice dinner tonight and a relaxing dvd...Just rewards for all your hard work today..

Enjoy your weekend with your sweetie....

Sid

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Very nice Sid.

Very appropriate to my life. I'm slowly tilling the garden so I can get it planted after the full moon. That should be the last frost chance. Theory has it that the full moon pulls the heat out of the soil just like it pulls the tide. I wonder what other effects it has.

Davit
12 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My mother gave me a bookmark back in 1984 with this poem on it when I was going though a diffcult time in my life.
I found it the other day in my bible in the Book of Psalms. This poem and book have given me strength many times in my life.  I decided to share it with everyone here today reading on this forum...

Don't Quit

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
                                          When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
                                          When the funds are low, and the debts are high,
                                          And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
                                          When care is pressing you down a bit..
                                          Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Success is failure turned inside out,
                                          The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
                                          And you never can tell how close you are,
                                          It may be near when it seems afar.
                                          So, stick to the fight when you're hardest hit...
                                          It's when things go wrong thet you mustn't quit.

Sid
aka
Red

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sim,
Have you a favourite
12 years ago 0 124 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amazing thread ladies and gentlemen, I really enjoyed reading through it. Keep those poems coming!

SIM

13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is such a touching thread! Thank you all for sharing with us and each other. You are really doing great! Keep facing your demons- you will succeed!

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Huh, I thought I was the only one that thought doing something for myself was selfish and came from an undeserved sense of self-entitlement. That was planted in me as a kid. Doing something nice for myself was considered as me wasting time or money, or both. Pfft. Yet still hard to overcome sometimes. Cheers!
13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,
A list of rewards would help.  I usually try to include recreation, but that's actually homework trying to find  a social circle, so there's a lot resistance and I fail, since GAD makes me choke, so I never attain confidence.
Rewards conflict with my negative belief system too, so there's always a tension, and then some people are permanently part of our networks, like them or not(neighbours/family/store clerks).
Thanks again.
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your welcome Hugs4U,

I too am learning how to deal with feeling connected and at the same time not getting to overwhelmed by too much stimulation. This is something I too struggle with..It has taken a bit of time and I have made some head way. The last time I was in my class it was a little to much that day but I think that is to be expected when you are learning something new like how to be around people and socialize and also learn a class subject at the same time..I think these things take time and we have to learn how to crawl before we can learn how to walk..We have to go easy on ourselves and reward ourselves for every accomplishment no matter how small we may think it is..because for us every thing is really Big. I believe it is easier to move forward if we acknowledge our achievements..Thats why I think rewards are so important..Maybe you could make a List of Rewards..little rewards that you can do on regular basis and put it right next to your To Do list..Like get yourself a new magazine, cd or dvd.. Maybe make yourself something special to eat like a nice salad, listen to your favorite music, take time to read a article your are interested in...Get out for a walk. Do a little gardening. Take yourself out to lunch or for a ice cream. Relax in a long hot shower or take a long bath..You get the idea...Every time you do something on the to do list than you do something on the rewards list..This is just a I idea I have, kind of brainstorming ways to move forward and motivating myself in a positive way to do it. What do you think of this idea?  Is it worth Trying?

Red
13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Red,
Rewarding myself is difficult since I have to overcome negative beliefs about entitlement, but it's always on my "to do" list, very close to the top

Reading this thread: