Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Working on exposure

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Sweatbee,

Thank you for sharing your success with exposure story. I am glad that you have been working on this and have been able to attend these outings with your daughter. 

Have you been using the program to help with your exposure? Have you made an exposure plan? How has the program helped you with exposure?

Members, what success with exposure have you had recently? Please share.

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 122 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Thank you Davit and Shari for your kind words and support!
It means alot to me. All my best.

sweatbee
13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great job Sweatbee! 
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sweatbee

Good to hear this. Congratulations.

Here for you,
Davit.
13 years ago 0 122 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi all,

I have been working on exposure this week, I went to a baby shower with my daughter
and did well, I had a little twinge but I brushed it off, so to speak like yeah I'm getting
a little tense but I'm not going to let it bother me. My daughter even said mom you
did well when we got in the car!.  We also went to 2 florist in the last week to
check on flowers for her wedding in April and I did well in both, alittle twinge in one
and none at the other. ( I think I posted that we have to weddings in the next 7 months
coming up). I have been using the exposures as a way to working up to having a good
time at the weddings. before I do exposure work I have been sitting and doing meditation
and breathing for about 5 to 10 mins to calm and clear my inner self so to speak and
it seems to help. and I'm learning to ignore the negative talk, and do it anyway.
well thats it for now. My best to all.

sweatbee

Reading this thread: