Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

rewind therapy

15 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
will do!!! just hope it worth it, but ill give anything a try 
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds great Karla!

Like Diva said, let us know how it goes!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Let us know how it goes!

have got in touch with a couple of people about rewind therapy and it looks really good for PAs and depression etc... they told me its £50 per lesson or £25 if your in hardship. this is what i got from them

Thanks for your message. We are usually able to resolve panic attacks quite quickly using rewinds and various associated counselling techniques - in 2 to 4 sessions as a very rough guide , though it does depend on individuals and experience etc. 

so going to go ahead wit this when i get some money together.

15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'll def. look into it.  Cheers!
it s on the human givens website. they speak all about it. 
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've never heard of this either, definitely something to look into...cheers for this Karla!
15 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This isn't something I've come across at all... It sounds feasible that it could work though.  One of my anxiety issues actually relates to my first panic attack and the constant 'reliving' of that feeling... I believe my ongoing anxiety and panic is actually related to never wanting to have to feel that way again!!  In a way I guess, thats similar to PTSD, isn't it?  

My first attack came as a result of me thinking I was having an allergic or chemical reaction to something I'd accidentally ingested, so although it was triggered by a thought, it was an overreaction to a genuine reaction (if that makes sense!) - my tongue and lips were actually burnt from the chemical, it just wasn't as bad as I made it to be and I panicked.  I find it really hard to apply some of the panic and anxiety methods into place, because the cause of my anxiety and panic didn't arise from stressing about life events etc, but from a 'traumatic' event.

I'd be interested to hear more about the rewind therapy if you do decide to proceed Karla, as it sounds like something that would help me.  I think if I can 'get over' the trauma from that first panic attack, I would be pretty much 'cured' of my anxiety issues.  I also have to stop my food avoidance though... but that's something else! =)
hasnt anyone heard of this technique to cure panic attacks?? 
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for sharing this information with us Karla

Members, what do you think?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: