Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Keeping a diary

21 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Laci..welcome to the forums. I saw your post and didn't see any replys for you. If you could explain what problems you are having, it would be helpful; and tell us a little about yoursself. Its a good idea to go into the 'introduce yourself' forums and we could get to know you better. LUV, SUZY.
DEBRA...msg can do all sorts of ierd thing to you. And most in restaraunts now you can ask if they use it, and ask that they not use it in your food. Some people get a very bad reaction to it; especially mygrain headaches. I don't eaen add salt to most things. I love my veggies as they come without butter or salt. Much better taste, if they're not overcooked. LUV, SUZY.
21 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Suzy, I back you up on this one. There are pills to be taken. My good friend is also lactose intolerant, and enjoys pretty much any dairy food (in moderation) b/c of these pills. We went out for ice cream just the other day!
RED..I noticed under this forum, you mentioned that you are lactate intolerant. Did you know that there is a pill or addittive to can take to allow lactate intolerant people to be able to drink mild and use dairy products or by-products of milk? Ckeck with your doc about this and maybe get some fore info on this. Or a Health store. Just a thought. I know some people that use this, especially children, and it solves the problem for them. Worth looking into, or have you done this already...As far as detoxifiers, I go thru about 2 large bottles of real lemon juice a week, addidng it to my water, and in cooking. Also lots of garalic. You can take the pills, but I find that if you roasst the whole bulb and then sqeeze out the garlic, it can be used in foods or as a spread and is sooo good!. Does not leave you with a garlicy smell, and you get the oils in the garlic. It is a great detoxifier and so good for many things your body needs to keep healthy.Maybe thats why, at 60, my blood pressure if right on, very strong heart, and never get colds. Now is it would take away my depression and panic disorder, I'd be in great shape. Neer had zits, bad teeth, or grey hair yet. (well, maybe 1 or 2, but they fall out and no grey again. But let me know about checking with your doc about the lactate intollerence,o.k?...LUV, SUZY.
21 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Laci, Welcome to this site! I'm pretty new too, but have really benefited from talking to others. What can I do to help? Name it!
21 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Beth! I am a new member... If you could help me reply to this message.
21 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I went to a doctor once, who theorized that my panic attacks stemmed from the problem that my liver and kidney were not filtering toxins from my bloodstream properly, hence the chemical imbalance. I spent a small fortune on his fees, his herbal remedies, AND the food for the diet he placed me on to detox my system. (No sugar (natural or otherwise), yeast, meats, many grains, artificial anything, etc.) It was a HELL diet, i lost 17 pounds in two weeks (I'm 5'8, and as a result of the diet weighed 102 pounds, i looked DISGUSTING, even strangers would comment, i looked anorexic). What were the results??? There weren't any. I still had panic attacks. NOTHING changed as a result of the diet, except that i was often too weak to lift my own arm! Anyways, my point is, this was not the answer for my panic attacks. HOWEVER, this means that it was not the toxins in the food that caused it, although foods may have a different reaction in you. All i'm saying, is be careful before changing your diet!!!
21 years ago 0 1062 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good news! We now offer a free, innovative, online diary to help you monitor your panic attacks. You first need to sign up for it, (see link on the left, under Tools) but then you can log in on your subsequent visits. Your diary can be printed and even emailed to your doctor. Keeping a diary helps you gain insight into your panic attacks and will help your doctor in treating you. If you suffer from panic attacks, this program is a must!
22 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much! I used to have funny dreams when I ate food heavy in monosodium glutamate a few years ago when I was eating at a particular restaurant. I'm going to keep an eye on this. Maybe I'll find a link. We never know, do we?
22 years ago 0 173 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is something I do not know. But I can surmise that some qare allergic to thinks, for instance, I cannot do milk..lactose intolerant. The reaction I have makes me very sick, and sometimes the reaction emulates panic or anxiety disorders. Sometimes nutrition plays a part, as well as vitamin and minerals, since some disorders are caused by imbalances. It is something else for the dr. to look at. Remember, the more info you can provide, the faster they can make a diagnosis...since all medical conditions will be ruled out first. Red :)

Reading this thread: