Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Bad Day

12 years ago 0 542 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Vincenzia for your words and help. How I hope healing as you say is near.
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deb,

You have a lot going on in your head and in your heart right now.  Life brings a lot of challenges that are sometimes unpleasant and uneasy and often we do not know 'why' this is happening to us.  I don't think we will ever know exactly why, but a lesson that lies beneath all of this is to learn to be grateful for what we are given and take life one moment at a time.  Reach out to those who can assist you.  Get second and third opinions from health care professionals.  I think Carmie mentioned earlier, it is good that you went to the doctor, to find out the cause of your symptoms and to know you can have surgery to remove them which is one step in the healing process!

Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Debora,
Is it possible that you can call your aunt?  She sounds so nice and helpful.  She always seems to be someone who can help to calm you.  I enjoy reading what you have to say about her. 
I'm sorry that you are suffering right now.  I think that you gave good advice in your other post to Vincenza.  I don't think I can add better advice than that.  I am rooting for you and praying for you from home.  You are a good person and you deserve happiness and all of the things in your vision (going for swims, getting a manicure, going out to dinner).  You can do it!
Carmie
12 years ago 0 542 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am having more trouble trying to stay up and positive, more scary new symptoms are starting and its brought me down too the point where I cannot even schedule my surgery appts, it started early this morning and has continued throughout the entire day.

My husband had oral surgery yesterday so I am trying to be calm and let him heal, he had some bleeding and a lot of pain so I am trying to remain strong. This morning around  6:00am I woke up coughing choking and unable to breathe, I know this was NOT panic, I was in a sound sleep and had taken my pill and said my prayers and felt alright, I was sleeping very soundly, I suddenly woke up coughing and hacking and choking so bad my husband ran to get me a glass of water, which did help somewhat, I hated waking him because of his surgery and pain, I was grateful for his help through, its SO scary to wake up chocking and not being able to breathe! I was even turning a little blue, I should of gone to ER but I was so exhausted I just wanted to go back to sleep and I wanted my husband too sleep I know he is in bad pain in his mouth, gums.

It feels like I have "breadcrumbs" in my throat, I do not think its related to the polyp, I hope not, this just came about, plus I think I hurt my gum and tooth brushing the other day, I have a swollen gum and a swollen gland in my neck, I am using mouthwash and peroxide praying it will go away, I could not handle a dentist appt right now and I have been on two rounds of antibotics the last four weeks and hate too go on another course, there never seems to be a "let up" its always something and its scares me, the polyp surgery is all I can handle right now, and all this leads to panic attacks and chest and arm pain then I think I am having a heart attack, I would not wish this on anyone, I have stopped praying for healing just for a decrease of the symptoms, I go to bed every night with hope and prayer and faith and everyday it comes back, every day.

Is it possible to recover with all these physical problems I am having? I know chocking and not breathing is not good nor swollen glands, I guess if its no better tommorow I will have to go to urgent care tommorow or Sunday, I am hoping I do not have too, I have seen three medical doctors, one nurse, a ENT and a ER trip and I have taken the medicine and I am STILL not well and that is scary in itself, my sister said "Deb sometimes NOTHING works" I pray that is NOT true, I would hate too think I will die at fifty years old like this and nothing will work, my hope is giving out and I feel medical doctors are not helping, I do not know where too turn anymore. My friend said "deb your problem is you are not accepting this cross God gives you" I cannot agree with that, I believe in a loving God, I do not speak for God of course, noone can, but I doubt our Lord would want me sitting in a closet shaking crying panicking with heart attack symptoms or chocking and unable to breathe, I have "accepted" feeling horrible sick and half dead for over a year now, I dont want to accept it  I want to change it and have it go away, I am so afraid I am going to die and leave my son, I mean how much can a body take? If I was twenty or thirty or even forty maybe I could fight it better, and it seems the more I try to change it and get well the worse it gets. Is my friend right should I just "accept and live like this" that thought is unbearable. I wish I knew the answer to get out of this hell I have been living, I would eat dirt I think just for it too end, I dont want to die like this and have my son remember how bad his Mother was, and everyday I feel like I am going to die. I need to find the answer to this and quickly I just do not know what it is.

Reading this thread: