Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Dry mouth

12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ukpink,

Welcome to the PC support group! 
As you can see, you will find great advice and support from other members here.  I just wanted to add that dry mouth is also a common symptom of type 2 diabetes so it may be a combination of the panic disorder and your recent diagnosis.  Be sure to stay well hydrated and use the program and forum to learn more about panic attacks and coping strategies.

We're here for you!

Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi u

If you're taking meds, it's an extra drain on your hydration reserves
12 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, thankyou for your advice. I tend to have a dry mouth throughout the day and night although it does increase before an attack. But i was also diagnosed with diabetes type 2 a few months ago and wasnt sure whether or not this would add to my dry mouth symptoms. 
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome from me, too!

I wanted to share that I had this very same symptom about a week ago when I was experiencing great anxiety at a circus performance.  I had to have a couple of bottles of water.  I think that all of the adrenaline rushing through our body lends itself to getting a bit dehydrated.

Good luck with the program - I've found it to be so helpful.  It's really a gift - this knowledge and support!
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello and welcome to the site.  Yes, I've had dry mouth too.  I drink lots of water during the day and sometimes add a bit of lemon juice, or in the summer a slice of lemon or lime is nice, no sugar needed if it's just a bit to flavour the water.  Good luck with CBT, it really works.

Sunny
12 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ukpink,

Welcome to the site!

Dry mouth is a symptom of anxiety. It cannot harm you and it will pass with the anxiety.  Sip water or suck on candies to allerviate the discomfort.  Working on the program will help you address this symptom. For immediate relief you may want to check out the section on relaxation techniques as it will help you to calm your body when you are feeling anxious.

Do you have any other questions about the program or anxiety?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, i am new to this site and joined as i have tried many other things which have not helped my panic disorder. I was wondering if anyone else suffers from a very dry mouth before anxiety or panic attacks as this seems to be what i suffer from most and it then triggers my attacks.  

Reading this thread: