Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,533 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Expectations

12 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Expectations and perfectionism....

The two kind of go together for me in certain situations...Like when I am dealing with professionals I expect them to be honest and truthful and have some knowledge of the work they are doing...and take some interest and pride in theie work...I guess because I am such a perfectionist I am sorely disappointed when they don't...Especially when I am asking them for their advice..Sorry I guess I am kind of venting tonight..I had hard day at the bank today...it was not a good experience...but at least I was able to ask the hard questions that they didn't answer truthfully or have basic knowledge of.  Luckily for me I had studied up before I went...All is ok for now...

Watching my back as always and tired of it..
Red....
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great discussion!

Join in everyone!

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I recently read a book about perfectionism and found out that perfectionists (like myself) give up too easily.  It has been true in the past for me, but now that I'm aware of it, I can overcome it.
12 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 This discussion was inspired by Red's "Sticking to it..." discussion...

I've been thinking about perfectionism and expectations. There was a quote I saw that said something like "Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better." And I realized that I tend to put more expectations on things more then myself. For example, I
heard that people who expect the beach is going to bring fun rather than oneself creating the fun at the beach, tends to get depressed more. I think I tend to expect that the beach delivers the fun rather than I create it  myself.

Reading this thread: