Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Scared

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi diane,
If its the one by Claie Weeks, I have read it....and I bought her CD.
Her approach is simple and there are valid points in the book.  She talks about floating through your panic....I never did really catch on to that, but learning how to accept it and not run from it, its  very similiar to this program. It is very old fashioned though, she talks of things like  ECT, insane asylums...she refers to anxiety as the bogeyman...but I think its worth a read.  This latest book from Lucinda Bassett that I'm reading, well, she sounds a lot like Claire Weeks. Just modernized.
I personlly didnt listen to the CD much....so I don't know if its worthwhile(just like all my other relaxing CD's...collecting dust somewhere!) ha I'm not buying anymore.. If you do read it, I'd be interested in your feelings on it.
How far are you with this program?  This CBT program is the best. If you work at it, you will get better...read some of the older posts and you will see how far I've come because of the tools I have learnt here.
By the way, this is the place to come and vent on! Let it out! We are all here for eachother.
Juanita

13 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Has anyone read the book Hope & helpf for nerves?  And if so, any recommendations on reading it.

I kept myself busy last night.  That seemed to help.  But it was nice to have the responses from both of you.  It is nice to know that there are people that understand what I am going through & are willing to talk about their experiences.  Today was an OK day.

13 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diane... whine all you need to (although you don't sound whiney to me...you should hear me when I get started )  I agree 100% with Davit.  You are on the right track.  Keep coming back. Keep posting.  It WILL get better.  Actually, I envy you your ability to cry.  I have a hard time with that... I think it is a good release... even if it annoys you.... Let it go sweetie... there always is a reason... Sometimes, our bodies seem to know what we need better than our minds do.  Just a thought.  Hang in there.  We ARE here for you.
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diane

You are doing the right thing and that includes venting here. It is early days and you will have more like this but they will get fewer and they will in a little while seem like nothing compared to a life of panic. It truly does get better. Take my word for it I've been here a long time and seen some unbelievable changes in people, including me. A good day, even part of a good day is a step on the road to recovery. Tomorrow tell us how bad it got and what you did to lessen it. That too is a step on the road to recovery.

Here for you.
Davit

Had a really good day yesterday.  No anxious thoughts or panic attacks.  I was feeling really good when i got up today.  My husband has to work the night shift tonight & this afternoon I started getting anxious.  Now I am sitting home crying for what reason I don't know.  But I am told to cry to help me realize my thoughts.  I just don't want to feel this way anymore.  I know i sound like a whiner.  I am just starting this program & hope that no one minds my venting on this discussion boards.
Diane

Reading this thread: