Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Prozac

13 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi,

Keep us posted.....!
13 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks to all of you for you helpful replies, queens06 i am going to do what you said and wait the 6 week i feel a bit better each day at the moment so hopefully i will be ok on that

xxx
13 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there,

I just read your post and I thought that I would tell you that I am on 10mg of prozac as well. I was also very reluctant intially. My suggestion is that you wait 6 weeks (if you feel that your symptoms are under control) and see how you feel. If you are doing great, then stay at ten. If you need more, the up the dose. It is different for everyone. Some people, like myself can only tolerate the lowest dose and it is effective. Others, need more to be effective. Don't get confused with "less is better" as our bodies are all different.

I hope this helps.
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are doing great, Debit! That is an excellent plan. Good insight from Davit and Sunny as well.

Good luck tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Davit:  Your plate is beautiful!  It is like a rose in the middle.  Wood is so interesting, it talks to us, we have to know their language.  What is that rose telling us about it's life?

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Debit and Davit:  I agree with what you wrote Davit.  Debit, I think you "got it", re: meds to help you along, feel relaxed just enough to do the program.  It's true about the different dosages, some need less than others.  Best to get doc's advice on this one.  You sound like you are doing very well and moving forward, lots of positives.  Cheers to you!

Your friend, Sunny
Hi Davit,
thanks for replying, I actually feel ok on 10mg and as i was so reluctant to take meds in the first place (previously just taking .25mg of ativan per day) i dont really want to increase it, i just read a few things regarding low doses.
I am very commited to the programme i am up to the challenging negativety section and sometimes re read over previous ones just to make sure i am taking it all in, i am practising my breathing and doing the PMR, i and trying to do daily things i enjoy (even if only small) to keep myself relaxed. I have my first appointment with the psychologit tomorrow so i will also be doing CBT with them. I read the forums daily and really look forward to reading your answers i have learnt a lot from you and appreciate that you reply to all the posts, i have also started blogging my week so i can keep track of succeses and learning experiances (dont want to call them setbacks or failures)
I dont want to give myself a time limit to getting well i want to do all the right things properly, i dont want to rush.

xxx
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What ever you do keep in mind you do not want to get so comfortable that you stop doing the program. Medication will control it (as long as you stay on it) but only CBT will cure it. Too many people take the easy route and just take the meds only to find it comes right back when they quit. Some times it comes back worse. The usual thing is to use meds as an adjunct to the program so it is easier to absorb and implement. My opinion, and it is only my opinion based on my observations is that you want to be on the edge so it is controlled but you still have incentive and something to judge your progress by. You should over time be able to reduce it or get off it.
It does take time, there are no shortcuts. But it does work, nothing else does. I am now on such a low dose of meds that they are not therapeutic but they still work as pain killers. It took years but was worth it. No more not quite here feeling.

If you do want to up it to the prescribed dose keep in mind that we are all different. For some and you might be one what you are taking might be enough. This is really a decision for you and your doctor to discuss. Still it is a good question if you want to compare your dose to other peoples.

Here for you,
Davit.
I am taking 10 mg of Prozac a day for panic disorder/anxiety, i have been taking it for 12 days, i want to know if it is possible to get thereputic benifits from Prozac at such a low dose or should i increase the dose to 20mg (as prescribed) i feel ok on 10mg and am still getting through the side effects for now i dont know if i should wait four weeks and see how i feel, is anyone else on 10mg and feeling the benefits

xxx

Reading this thread: