Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

ALL THINGS WILL PASS WITH TIME

14 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations James!!  Keep up the good work and let us know how its going!  I also saw a 180 degree change when my doctor started me on medication - it really helped me live the life I wanted to and let me focus on learning more about panic disorder and what I needed to change to have long-term results.
14 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ENCOUROGMENT
14 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi James,

Congratulations on such amazing progress!

Your story is a true "success story" and should be posted under that title on this site.

Your post sounds positive and optimistic and your ability to conquer your fears and live a productive life will surely be an encouragement to many members on this site.

Keep up the great work and keep us posted on your progress!

Faryal, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MY NAME IS JAMES    

I HAVE POSTED IN THE GROUP FOR A LITTLE WHILE NOW.
I HAVE SUFFERED FROM PANIC DISORDER FOR YEARS NOW DUE TO MY DADS DEATH I AM HORRIBLY AFRAID OF DYING, I THOUGHT THIS WOULD LAST FOREVER.I HAVE SUFFERED WITH IT FOR SO LONG AND I HAD NO IDEA HOW I WAS FEELING. NUMBER ONE PANIC MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE A DISEASE LIKE "MAYBE ITS NOT MENTAL BUT I HAVE A FATAL BRAIN ILLNES"
THATS NOT THE CASE THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE DIAGNOSED WITH THIS EVERYDAY SO NEVER FEEL LIKE YOU ARE ALONE.

THREE WEEKS AGO I GOT ON A MEDICINE CALLED CELEXA IT WAS ALITTLE ROUGH AT FIRST BUT AFTER 3 DAYS I FELT GREAT I HAVE NOT HAD A PANIC ATTACK OR ANXIETY IN 17 DAYS AND COUNTING THATS FANTASTIC CONSIDERING I USED TO HAVE 2-3 A DAY ALL OF MY SYMPTOMS HAVE SUBSIDED I FEEL LIKE MY LIFE JUST RESTARTED AND I HAVE A SECOND CHANCE
I JUST FOUND A JOB AND I AM HOLDING IT DOWN.  IN THE PAST 2 YEARS I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO WORK MORE THAN 3 DAYS AT A TIME IT JUST MADE ME FEEL TRAPPED BUT NOW I WORK IN A PUBLIC PLACE WITHOUT FEAR. WITH THE HELP OF MY DOCTOR,MEDICINE AND THE PANIC PROGRAM I FEEL I HAVE BEATEN MY OWN FEARS.

THANKS FOR READING THIS I HOPE IT HELPS
JAMES E

PS DONT LIVE IN FEAR LIFE IS TOO SHORT GO SEEK HELP
WITH A LITTLE HELP YOU CAN OVERCOME THIS.

Reading this thread: